Sponsored

We can all be happy to have a 2015-17

Pedestrian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Looks like it's trying to transform into a Mondeo! It is does look more like a sport car than the muscle car... I don't dislike it by any means, but it's not something which makes me itch to change my current one.

Besides, when it comes over here it'll have loads of changes...
Sponsored

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Maybe the basic version with no options will be similarly priced.
I think it has to be. Kind of defeats the object if it's not relatively affordable. I'm going £35k for the base EB and £39k for the base GT.

Hard to believe they started at £29k & £33k! But then a lot has happened with the dollar since then and with usual price rises and this new fancy refresh stuff, still good value IMO if they are the new prices. Doubt I would be here though if those were the starting prices back when I ordered. £29k at the time was waaay over my budget for a new car lol

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored

marks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Race Red Manual
True, all speculation. Who knows where we'll be in a years time :)

SteveS

...Bon Scott Land...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Magnetic
What strikes me most about the refresh is how colour sensitive it is. I certainly wouldn't buy a red, orange, silver, white or yellow one! The magnetic and presumably black / dark blue suit it much more. I think darker colours disguise the slightly haphazard droopy snout styling cues.
I think ^^this^^ is a good point. The look has grown on me in less than a day but I think it looks far better in a darker colour (and looks lightning quick in Magnetic obv) ;)
Another reason I couldn't go for it. After seeing SteveC and Mac's cars my wife and daughter wouldn't allow me Old Man Magnetic :D
Would love to see all the options come to the UK for the right price however. Would bode well for the S650 which remains a possibility.

simonp83

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Simon
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT S550
After seeing the images from the official launch, if I do decide to reorder, I'll lose my Grabber Blue but won't be too mad. The leak from Monday though did make it look bad.

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
[MENTION=22897]v8hgt[/MENTION] I saw the RR today, imagined it with a bonnet like @666mac has, or the mongoose hood (style) and thought 'yeah that'll work' ;)!

RobMJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.0 V8 Fastback Manual
My plan was to order the MY18 in Grabber Blue as soon as they would take my money. Sell mine just before delivery and enjoy it. I'm not sure what I was expecting but the front reminds me of the rear of an A7.

I know this can be fixed etc but as stock it does not look muscle car, which at the end of the day a Mustang is.

What I do like/love is all the other upgrades, this is way beyond a facelift. Only other thing i'm not feeling is chrome alloys – yuk.

So in short i'm 50/50 about placing an order, no GB is just stupid. I know it was brought back for one year only but it's a pisser it's not on the 18.

Decisions, decisions

Sponsored

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
I think ^^this^^ is a good point. The look has grown on me in less than a day but I think it looks far better in a darker colour (and looks lightning quick in Magnetic obv) ;)
Another reason I couldn't go for it. After seeing SteveC and Mac's cars my wife and daughter wouldn't allow me Old Man Magnetic :D
Would love to see all the options come to the UK for the right price however. Would bode well for the S650 which remains a possibility.
Yep. I think it was the pic of the magnetic that really started to change my feelings on it! Stumbled across a black pic today. I can't help but think the proportions of the front look like that of a Jag xk though; which is no bad thing, but does take away from the "musclyness" of the current front end IMO.
FullSizeRender.jpg

willisit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Monaro, DeLorean, Viva, S5, 600F
The new pics are having the desired effect... pricing and UK options are important and we're unlikely to know those for a while.

Those vents... I'd like those. Will they survive? That spoiler - meh, but again, will it cross the pond?

Time will tell I suppose. If they give us at least AN option on wheels, it'd be a huge improvement (I hate the PP wheels.. )

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Yep. I think it was the pic of the magnetic that really started to change my feelings on it! Stumbled across a black pic today. I can't help but think the proportions of the front look like that of a Jag xk though; which is no bad thing, but does take away from the "musclyness" of the current front end IMO.
Black at least shows there's a folder in the middle of the bonnet....

Mind you, I was looking through my old instagram pics and I've got the 'S550 show car' on it, prior to the production model, they changed a few things between them.

marks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Race Red Manual
Have to say it does look better in the black above but is that because it conceals a lot of the lines and/or that the photo is from the side rather than front?

But the additional power, extra revs, nicer sounding exhaust and the electronic display (bit gimmicky but quite cool) are all attractive upgrades.

SSC

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT