christianUK

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Christian
Vehicle(s)
GT auto
Hi Folks,

For those who find waze a better navigation app than the version built in but wanted full Sync touchscreen functionality instead of relying on your phone display - well it's finally switched on and working and I used it today.

Turning it on is not quite where you'd expect, but this video shows everything you need.

(It's in Settings - Navigation - Navigation Source Selection and then appears instead of the factory nav icon along the bottom of the screen.)

Enjoy
Sponsored

marks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Race Red Manual
Hi Folks,

For those who find waze a better navigation app than the version built in but wanted full Sync touchscreen functionality instead of relying on your phone display - well it's finally switched on and working and I used it today.

Turning it on is not quite where you'd expect, but this video shows everything you need.

(It's in Settings - Navigation - Navigation Source Selection and then appears instead of the factory nav icon along the bottom of the screen.)

Enjoy
nice one! I've been using Waze through Android Auto but if integrated then should stop/reduce the number of bugs that seem to occur with running through AA. I upgraded Sync 3 last week to version 3

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
I'm not sure I could live with those icons. Is there a big demand for sat nav among primary school kids?
Was thinking exactly that!:lol:

marks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm not sure I could live with those icons. Is there a big demand for sat nav among primary school kids?
You need the big icons as it makes it easier to report things while driving

Sponsored

OP
OP
christianUK

christianUK

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Christian
Vehicle(s)
GT auto
Those icons are just part of it, the normal map is much more straightforward. The best thing about it? Live (community reported - via those buttons) notification of police speed camera vans ahead. Absolutely worth its weight in gold. Try it before you sledge it.

PaulSlide

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue GT
Those icons are just part of it, the normal map is much more straightforward. The best thing about it? Live (community reported - via those buttons) notification of police speed camera vans ahead. Absolutely worth its weight in gold. Try it before you sledge it.
Oh I will definitely try it, just making an observation. I mean, there's no rule against software being useful AND cool-looking.

marks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm surprised everybody doesn't use Waze

marks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hi Folks,

Enjoy
Mine does not have that option as it's the European update rather than US. I note on your Sync info screen it says NA (North America) wherr mine says EU

Sponsored

v8hgt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Race Red GT PP Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Is everyone getting theirs updated at a dealership or are you updating over wireless, or is there a usb image somewhere?

OP
OP
christianUK

christianUK

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Christian
Vehicle(s)
GT auto
Mine does not have that option as it's the European update rather than US. I note on your Sync info screen it says NA (North America) wherr mine says EU
Oh I just swiped those instructions from a guy off the internet. Mine's the UK car too. But they worked for me. Once you've updated to v3 which you can download from the Ford website, then open Waze on your phone and plug it in via USB and then you can follow the instructions to switch the Nav across from Sync to Waze. It's in settings, navigation, navigation source. Also make sure you have updated your Waze app to the latest version in your phone. Mine is 4.37.0.0 and I think 4.36 and above works with Sync 3

OP
OP
christianUK

christianUK

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Christian
Vehicle(s)
GT auto

marks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Is everyone getting theirs updated at a dealership or are you updating over wireless, or is there a usb image somewhere?
Ford website, enter your vin number and download it to a mem stick - fairly straightforward install just takes a while

marks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Oh I just swiped those instructions from a guy off the internet. Mine's the UK car too. But they worked for me. Once you've updated to v3 which you can download from the Ford website, then open Waze on your phone and plug it in via USB and then you can follow the instructions to switch the Nav across from Sync to Waze. It's in settings, navigation, navigation source. Also make sure you have updated your Waze app to the latest version in your phone. Mine is 4.37.0.0 and I think 4.36 and above works with Sync 3
Thanks, I'll check again. Just suprising yours says NA and mine EU
Sponsored