Sponsored

Water under hood insulation

Souldriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 - Guard GT Prem. PP
Hey all,

Slightly concerned here. So days after it rains or i wash the car it seems I have a lot of water trapped under the black hood insulation. When i pop the hood it all runs back and ours/drips out on the plastic covers near the cowl. It seems to be getting in at the heat extractors as even though the car is only 2 months old it has that "wet drywall" discoloration and stain. Reaching behind there i feel it is definitely wet.

Is this normal? Should this insulation be more tight to the hood so it doesnt let water in behind it
Sponsored

JAS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT black accent package
I get it too. Kind of annoying after I wash the car. I'm really debating about just removing the insulation.

ktp1598

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bobby
Vehicle(s)
2019 Kona Blue California Special
You should really drive it after you wash it. That removes water in hard to reach places. I had a friend that almost never drove his fox body Mustang. Just washed it every now and then. After 5 or so years he couldn't figure out why the bottom of his doors were starting to rust. Water can sit for weeks after you wash it.

OP
OP
Souldriver

Souldriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 - Guard GT Prem. PP
yeah i need to open and dry the door jams after washes, but this is also after rain showers. I cant just run out and drive the car after every time it gets wet. also not sure if that would dry it up either.

ktp1598

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bobby
Vehicle(s)
2019 Kona Blue California Special
True. I don't get anal about driving it after it gets wet. It's only important if you wash it then put it away for days or weeks at a time.

racer24crm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chase
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ruby Red GT
I routinely open my doors, trunk and hood after i wash my car for about 10 minutes to let everything drip off and then hit it with a blower to get the rest of the nooks and crannies cleared. On my car, leaving the hood open drips pretty much no water at first but after about 5 minutes tons of water will start pouring out.
Sponsored