Sponsored

Water pump shot by 35k miles?

HeelToeHero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT PP, 05 focus st
2015-17 the coolant replacement is required at 6 years. Would that have prevented the failure? Hard to say.
Sponsored

Paul McWhiskey

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium w/PP
2015-17 the coolant replacement is required at 6 years. Would that have prevented the failure? Hard to say.
Not likely. The photos that have been posted look more to be caused by failed impellers with them failing at the shaft. Now weather that is caused by structural, material, or vibrational factors has yet to be determined by any of us here. I have little doubt that Ford would make the mistake of installing something that has a compatibility issue with the material. No doubt those with much more intimate knowledge of these issues will chime in. Come on qualified engineers!

HeelToeHero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT PP, 05 focus st
Not likely. The photos that have been posted look more to be caused by failed impellers with them failing at the shaft. Now weather that is caused by structural, material, or vibrational factors has yet to be determined by any of us here. I have little doubt that Ford would make the mistake of installing something that has a compatibility issue with the material. No doubt those with much more intimate knowledge of these issues will chime in. Come on qualified engineers!
I must be missing something I don't see any pictures posted by OP in this thread of the failed pump...

Paul McWhiskey

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium w/PP
I must be missing something I don't see any pictures posted by OP in this thread of the failed pump...
I was referencing photos that have been posted in other threads and forums. There are plenty of them. My apology for not being more clear on that.
Sponsored