Sponsored

Washing/Waxing/Detailing

FPV GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 TY GT
TBH, I hadn't even thought about it... I guess it would be easy enough to rig something up though. :shrug:
The snorkel on this unit can be shifted to the side showing in the picture, converting from blower to sucker.
So I suppose a piece of cloth could be secured in place quite easily.
There maybe an issue that the inlet could also supply cooling for the motor. Fitting a filter etc may cause overheating problems.
Some checking may be in order.
Sponsored

ozpointer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang 5.0
Aus-MustangGT many thanks for your recommendation. I shall take your advice and
invest in the Gerni Supergrip 140.3. Being able to dial down the PSI when using it against car paint is a big advantage to me.
I was already leaning towards the Gerni and much research reveals that they last as long as you keep them clean, lubricated and replacing O-rings as required.

IngotGT2016

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Vehicle(s)
2016 INGOT SILVER GT
Good video on pressure washers

[ame]

IngotGT2016

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Vehicle(s)
2016 INGOT SILVER GT
I can't comment on fully blow drying the car.
Because the S550 is so good at holding water in certain places (front grille area anyone?), I'm using an 18v Makita blower. It's lightweight and has a rubber snout, so there's NO chance of damage if you accidentally brush the car with it.
It's plenty powerful enough to do the job.
i bought this one solely for the car - its cheap / light and blows good strong air, 320 km / hr, make sure the velocity is high.
Only attached one section to make it shorter and put a soft rubber ring on the end.
With the opticoat i do not need to touch the paint too much with a cloth, blows the rims dry as well as that grill and around the headlights and rear lights .....
ozito.JPG

Last edited:

Frostee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue GT
i bought this one solely for the car - its cheap / light and blows good stong air, 320 km / hr, make sure the velocity is high.
Only attached one section to make it shorter and put a soft rubber ring on the end.
With the opticoat i do not need to touch the paint too much with a cloth, blows the rims dry as well as that grill and around the headlights and rear lights .....
Is that cordless? What brand is it?

Sponsored

IngoStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Troy
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Fastback Velocity Blue
Has anyone had any experience with Metrovac blower driers?

https://www.carcareproducts.com.au/product/metrovac/blaster_sidekick

https://www.carcareproducts.com.au/product/metrovac/vac_n_blow

I really like the idea of these, but wonder whether the smaller and more affordable sidekick is just too small to be of any real value and one would be far better off with the higher capacity model.

My thinking though is, rather than using it as the sole means of drying, use it more for drying in the hard to get at places as an addition to micro-fibre waffle cloths, in which case the smaller unit is probably adequate.

Keen to hear of anyone with experience or thoughts about this
I have a sidekick and it is a brilliant machine for drying certain sections of the car. Its fantastic on the wheels and brakes ( no rusty rotors ) and really good for all the hidden spots like boot hinges, behind side mirrors and our tail lights.

Don't let the size fool you, it puts out a ton of air and its very direct with the rubber nozzle fitted. It will dry a wheel completely in around a minute depending on how much water there is to begin with

Aus-MustangGT

Aus-350
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 WRX/Evo 8 ADM
I finally got a chance to use my snow foam and lance today, it all came up nicely

Products I used
Gerni 140.3 Power grip
Gerni Car Nozzle
Autobrite snow foam lance
Two buckets with grit guards

Mint Snow foam
Angelwax shampoo
Wheely Clean
Meguiars Ultimate Quick Wax

Aquatouch microfibre wash mitt x 2
Concours Tempest
Concours Firestorm x 2
NaYQZEL.jpg
g6Bdbzq.jpg
8G22NNF.jpg
uHWFxPB.jpg
BscwRaB.jpg
qsCTUAC.jpg

DESI5.0

DESI MUSTANG 5OHHH
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 MUSTANG GT PREMIUM PP
I finally got a chance to use my snow foam and lance today, it all came up nicely

Products I used
Gerni 140.3 Power grip
Gerni Car Nozzle

Mint Snow foam
Angelwax shampoo
Wheely Clean

Concours Tempest
Concours Firestorm x 2
the difference I clean my car with water and it looks the same :lol::lol::lol:

Liber

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Magnetic GT - 1971 XY GT
I highly doubt it. A thorough wash such as this makes a huge difference. I even notice a difference between just snow foaming mine in comparison to a snow foam and sponge wash.

Sponsored

stasik-a4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP1

Products I used
Gerni 140.3 Power grip
Gerni Car Nozzle

Mint Snow foam
Angelwax shampoo
Wheely Clean

Concours Tempest
Concours Firestorm x 2
Is there a need for snow foam and also Gerni car nozzle?

Aus-MustangGT

Aus-350
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 WRX/Evo 8 ADM
Is there a need for snow foam and also Gerni car nozzle?
The auto nozzle is just a 60 degree nozzle do it decreases the pressure on the paint. The other foam Lance you can see there is the gerni one which doesn't work very well for snow foam. Works great for degreasing the garage though

Melbnut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang gt
This makes zero sense. You must have some very special water out your way. I have a race red and have washed in a very similar fashion to the above and also with cheap soap and gear. There is a very noticeable difference when it's cleaned wIth foam ect.

Or is this just a specific magic feature of your magical gt in that tap water activates your cars hidden self cleaning properties?

Yeah Nah

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic GT Fastback
I highly doubt it. A thorough wash such as this makes a huge difference. I even notice a difference between just snow foaming mine in comparison to a snow foam and sponge wash.
:eyebulge: Sponge? If you do, you should give yourself some of these :headbonk::headbonk:

Liber

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Magnetic GT - 1971 XY GT
:eyebulge: Sponge? If you do, you should give yourself some of these :headbonk::headbonk:
Lol... A bloody expensive microfibre sponge! Not some $2 supercheap job. I've spent over $600 on cleaning products alone for this old girl. Concourse tempest cloth is great too, thanks to the gents recommending in here.
Sponsored