Sponsored

Warranty Question

vintage1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP
Hi,
2017 mustang here within the 5 yr warranty. Car has less than 20,000kms.

I have a 1/8" diameter rust spot by the seam sealer in the rear window channel by the trunk. The sealer is visibly cracked. Via the dealer, Ford denied the warranty to fix. As this is not perforated, I am assuming this is why it is not covered as I am outside of the 3 year rust warranty. What are my options with this warranty wise? Paint warranty? Seam sealer warranty? Do either of these two items fall within the 5 year warranty? I have to get this fixed regardless but wanted to understand my options. I have since contacted a CSR and they are reviewing further.

I look forward to any comments.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
The Owner's Manual outlines the 5/60 Paint and Corrosion Warranty.

Perforation only applies to aluminum panels because in 2016 the Paint and Corrosion Warranty was revised so that if the hood (which is aluminum and is the most common issue) had any bubbling perforation was no longer a prerequisite for a warranty repair (which is now a complete replacement of the affected panel).

I'm not sure where the "3 year" is coming into play, there's no such thing for Paint and Corrosion unless you're referring to the new car Bumper to Bumper 3/36.

To make your case more solid, you should provide the best high rez pics to your CSR to show the problem - not only closer up images, but an image to show it from a point of location if looking at the car.

Attached is the last most current Ford GSB regarding Warrantable and Non-Warrantable paint coverage:
https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/attachments/gsb-g0000108-paint-damages-pdf.552739/