Sponsored

Warranty friendly tuner from Ford Racing.

EcoboostJim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Oxford white Ecoboost Performance Package
Anybody have any news on this yet?
Sponsored

JeffreyDJ

Jedi
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JJ
Vehicle(s)
'17 Mustang GT
In the original article they said by EOY. It was probably fudged, but still a ways away.

Sponsored

15svo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
jason
Vehicle(s)
95 gt far from stock 15 ecoboost delivered 2/9/15
I called frpp a few weeks back and the only thing they told me is there hoping for the first quarter of this year but could not say 100 percent.

dragonacc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost PP
Anyone have a FRPP tune on any other vehicles.
Nope, but it pinged really bad for some people on the 2011 5.0's when it released for those. I imagine they fixed it down the road but still sad. I remember reading that FRPP just contracts out to other companies for the tune anyway.

Get it if you want, but I wouldn't be the first.

Tcnarber

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB Premium, Black Betty
Nope, but it pinged really bad for some people on the 2011 5.0's when it released for those. I imagine they fixed it down the road but still sad. I remember reading that FRPP just contracts out to other companies for the tune anyway.

Educate a novice/ noob non car guy until this one. What is pinged?

dragonacc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost PP
Educate a novice/ noob non car guy until this one. What is pinged?
It caused predetonation. It means the mixture in the cylinder exploded before it was supposed to, its really bad for the engine and is one of the easiest ways to destroy a motor.

Sponsored

04SloSnake

Boost Addict
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
R34 Skyline

The big question is who got the contract for the tune. GForce builds the FRPP half shafts and they are one of the best in the business. Hopefully they cared that much about their EB tune and got some reputable company.

Grey03

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2017 Raptor, 2021 BMW M340i
Anyone have a FRPP tune on any other vehicles.
Had one on my Focus ST and it is hands down one of the best mods you can do on an ST. Added 90 ft/lbs of torque. Made it fun as heck. No issues at all. As soon as it becomes available for the ecoboost I will be getting it.

Also have a GT500 with an upgraded supercharger from FRPP with the procal tune and have had zero issues with it. FRPP is the way to go. They know more about Fords than anybody.

Grey03

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2017 Raptor, 2021 BMW M340i

Ford racing engineers do the tuning. They do outsource the emissions testing though.
Good info about FRPP tunes.

http://www.fordracingparts.com/calibration/instructions/Ford_Racing_calibration_article.pdf

navair133

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black Mustang Eco/PP; 2003 Porsche Boxster
I want to keep my warranty so I am waiting on the FRPP tuner. FRPP has already proven that they can get a lot out of a tune-Focus ST 90 hp improvement I believe. Even if some other tune adds a few more ponies, the peace of mind of warranty outweighs the possible extra horsepower for me.

Chaos_Being

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Mustang Premium, 2006 Scion tC
I'll be keeping an eye on how this tune does (in comparison to the already excellent looking tunes being developed by 3rd parties) for sure. I'm not in a rush to do anything just yet, and if I can get more power along with a warranty, then all the better!
Sponsored