ITLRUN

HiPo Joe
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R HR186
This is somewhat simple. If an aftermarket part fails or causes a factory part to fail, you simply cannot expect the manufacture to cover that failure with their warranty. Let's suppose you add exhaust and a tune and your drivers side window quits rolling up and down. The manufacture shouldn't deny your warranty claim on the window failure.

There is so much more that I could add here just from my personal experiences. But the main thing here is just because modifications have been made does NOT necessarily mean the warranty will be voided.
Sponsored

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
This is somewhat simple. If an aftermarket part fails or causes a factory part to fail, you simply cannot expect the manufacture to cover that failure with their warranty. Let's suppose you add exhaust and a tune and your drivers side window quits rolling up and down. The manufacture shouldn't deny your warranty claim on the window failure.

There is so much more that I could add here just from my personal experiences. But the main thing here is just because modifications have been made does NOT necessarily mean the warranty will be voided.
Yep. Should also mention - warranty could still cover your engine even with engine modifications if it's obvious that something on the engine failed not related with those items...an example might be a valvetrain component...like a chain, guide or fastener. Of course, that could still be an uphill battle to determine what failed first....if you have a seized piston AND the timing chain is broken, they will likely void the warranty citing the piston failure (and your tune or exhaust) as the primary cause.

65sohc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Forgive me if this has been asked.

I am very interested in getting the American Racing full exhaust system. For the next 2 years or so I would not want to do anything that is going to void my warranty. American Racing Headers say that a tune is required for this system. I assume tuning the computer will void the warranty. The good news is American Racing Headers say they might be able to source a cat that might work without the tune. The last thing I want is to have my check engine light coming on all the time.

What do you guys think?
Given the fact that long tube headers are illegal in California, and always will be, you might be on shaky ground just getting a dealer to service the car. When the clutch in my '09 GT500 went out I asked the dealer to replace it with the upgraded factory 2011 design. I was told that this was "an illegal performance modification" and they refused. Fortunately there was another dealer across town who didn't have his head up his ass (at least on that occasion) who was happy to do it.
Sponsored