Sponsored

VTT Stage 2 Twin Scroll results, FINALLY!!

jtmat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vert turbo!!!!
You won't be able to make that power on 93oct. The most it will see safely/reliably without knocking is about 370-380.
Is it even worth the cost if you can only/want to only run 93 in the car?

How does it compare to a tune only?

I was looking at some posts over in Unleashed and there are mixed reviews on the turbo (don't know if they are on 93, etc).

I'm with some of the others, I wish this company (or anyone) would put out some dyno numbers on the turbo across the oct board so people can make decisions.
Sponsored

mtoo22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Whipple GT
I think if you are looking where to spend your money first, always go with Octane. Go aux fuel and youll be glad you did even on stock turbo.

Juben

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost Mustang (AT) w/PP
Is it even worth the cost if you can only/want to only run 93 in the car?

How does it compare to a tune only?

I was looking at some posts over in Unleashed and there are mixed reviews on the turbo (don't know if they are on 93, etc).

I'm with some of the others, I wish this company (or anyone) would put out some dyno numbers on the turbo across the oct board so people can make decisions.
I'm pretty sure those guys are on the single scroll version not the twin scroll.

Sponsored

jtmat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vert turbo!!!!
I think if you are looking where to spend your money first, always go with Octane. Go aux fuel and youll be glad you did even on stock turbo.
Think I'm looking for "easy". I don't want to mix fuel or look for certain gas stations... won't fit my life style.

If it were worth the money to stick a turbo on it and put 93 in it, fine.... I might consider it. I'm wondering if it is really worth it, if you can't or don't want to go above 93.

Funny how tune+ contributes so much to the board.... really knows his stuff... I'd never known about 93 limit without that contribution. People just want info.

priestblack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Cali Special
Going from FBO 93 to vtt s2 on 93 I didn't notice a substantial difference like I was expecting. There is a difference but just not "knock your socks off" difference in my expirence. I had a tuned gt before picking up the ecoboost and I thought the new turbo would bridge the gap but my butt dyno tells me the gt still had a pretty big edge .

JSCOTT0812

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT
Going from FBO 93 to vtt s2 on 93 I didn't notice a substantial difference like I was expecting. There is a difference but just not "knock your socks off" difference in my expirence. I had a tuned gt before picking up the ecoboost and I thought the new turbo would bridge the gap but my butt dyno tells me the gt still had a pretty big edge .
How much boost are you running? I'm not having any issues beating 5.0s. Is your butt dyno skewed due to not have that loud exhaust note? I know that happens to me haha

priestblack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Cali Special
Not sure exactly on the boost. My sct doesn't measure above 22lbs.

neodark

Left 4cyl @home
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jorge
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP2
So for those with this turbo... One thing I'm very curious about is the initial torque hit, you know the one that can bend rods with stock due to it's small size and quick spool.

From everything I read bigger turbos are safer because they move the power to the right. How does VTT2 compare in that regard since spool with twin scroll is very similar?
Sponsored