jmagnus87

jmagnus87

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Magnus
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Comp Orange '22 Chevy Silverado
OPG/CS is certainly a good upgrade to do as we know it's the weak point. but i don't want to tear apart a perfectly good/sealed running engine that was built by Ford not by me in my backyard and chance screwing it up. tried to find ppl around here that would do it that do this stuff frequently, couldn't find any shops reasonably nearby that would do it or do it often. i could drive over to CJ pony parts or American Muscle and spend like a weekend there or something, but that may be excessive considering i too plan to keep it low, i'll likely have them set my rev limiter around 7200rpm even though that's where the lion share of the power is at least for the first month or two.

ill be on strictly 93 pump gas at least the first year with it, but i'll buy the ID1050x injectors as to not have to buy them again if i decide to go E85, but i assume it's possible to switch back and forth with the tuner each time? the fuel system for E85 should also be able to do straight 93 pump gas right?

@Racinjason65 are you sure that the JT is better for keeping lower power numbers? i dont understand why you would want more blower capacity to keep it essentially de-tuned?? my ultimate goal for maximum power is about 670rwhp or effectively 800 crank hp. if i'm lower than that to begin with, i want to at least be at 600rwhp.

can you explain the difference between V3 Si and V3 JT to me? i can't seem to find that on google.
Sponsored

Racinjason65

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Premium PP1M-82
OPG/CS is certainly a good upgrade to do as we know it's the weak point. but i don't want to tear apart a perfectly good/sealed running engine that was built by Ford not by me in my backyard and chance screwing it up. tried to find ppl around here that would do it that do this stuff frequently, couldn't find any shops reasonably nearby that would do it or do it often. i could drive over to CJ pony parts or American Muscle and spend like a weekend there or something, but that may be excessive considering i too plan to keep it low, i'll likely have them set my rev limiter around 7200rpm even though that's where the lion share of the power is at least for the first month or two.

ill be on strictly 93 pump gas at least the first year with it, but i'll buy the ID1050x injectors as to not have to buy them again if i decide to go E85, but i assume it's possible to switch back and forth with the tuner each time? the fuel system for E85 should also be able to do straight 93 pump gas right?

@Racinjason65 are you sure that the JT is better for keeping lower power numbers? i dont understand why you would want more blower capacity to keep it essentially de-tuned?? my ultimate goal for maximum power is about 670rwhp or effectively 800 crank hp. if i'm lower than that to begin with, i want to at least be at 600rwhp.

can you explain the difference between V3 Si and V3 JT to me? i can't seem to find that on google.
There is a chart on Vortech’s website with all their head units max impeller speeds and power ratings, but you get the most efficiency out of a super charger in the 75-80% range of their max impeller speeds. After that you see diminishing returns per pound of boost.

OP
OP
jmagnus87

jmagnus87

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Magnus
Vehicle(s)
There is a chart on Vortech’s website with all their head units max impeller speeds and power ratings, but you get the most efficiency out of a super charger in the 75-80% range of their max impeller speeds. After that you see diminishing returns per pound of boost.
Got it, thanks, what about the E85 switching question? Do you have the answer to that?

Racinjason65

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Premium PP1M-82
Got it, thanks, what about the E85 switching question? Do you have the answer to that?
Yes, with a fuel system and ID1050x’s you’d just need an E85 tune to go back and forth. My GT350 is set up that way and I don’t have to change pulley or belt to change fuel, sust load the appropriate tune. I also run ID1050x’s on this car with the 3-625 pulley it makes 757 on poor quality CA 91 and 910 on E85

OP
OP
jmagnus87

jmagnus87

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Magnus
Vehicle(s)
good to know thanks, what about this UPR catch can thing? do i need this? if you don't have the catch can, where does the engine oil/pressure go? does it just go sliming up the intake manifold and pipes like an old beater car with a bad PCV system??

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
good to know thanks, what about this UPR catch can thing? do i need this? if you don't have the catch can, where does the engine oil/pressure go? does it just go sliming up the intake manifold and pipes like an old beater car with a bad PCV system??
these newer cars are notorious for sucking oil into the intake track

the catch can keeps the oil out of the intake. When oil gets in the intake, it essentially dilutes the fuel quality, and can cause false knock limiting timing and power.
Sponsored