Sponsored

Last edited:

EgoBoost

9/11 Never Forget
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Black PP GT 6 SPEED
I've ran all the Vortechs back in the day, S-Trim/YS-Trim/X-Trim. Also ran ported Eatons on my '03 Cobra. You have a traction issue, not a power issue. You'll still have a traction issue with more power. Either control the boost, or run a stickier tire. If the tire isn't an option on the street, buy a beater to daily. GL

Boduke0220

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
You have a suspension and tire problem it sounds like

Boduke0220

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
You have a suspension and tire problem it sounds like

Sponsored

OP
OP
Doctor Fishtail

Doctor Fishtail

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
I've ran all the Vortechs back in the day, S-Trim/YS-Trim/X-Trim. Also ran ported Eatons on my '03 Cobra. You have a traction issue, not a power issue. You'll still have a traction issue with more power. Either control the boost, or run a stickier tire. If the tire isn't an option on the street, buy a beater to daily. GL
Thanks for input. I like these tires they are a good balance of hook up and longevity. Life is about balance. LOL. Anyway back on topic. Centrifugal blowers seem to be much easier on internals also it would seem and since my TVS gives one hell of a shock lower in RPM band compared to the Vortech for example. Any members running this V-7 JT blower?

RoadCone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Competition Orange PP
Thanks for input. I like these tires they are a good balance of hook up and longevity. Life is about balance. LOL. Anyway back on topic. Centrifugal blowers seem to be much easier on internals also it would seem and since my TVS gives one hell of a shock lower in RPM band compared to the Vortech for example. Any members running this V-7 JT blower?

I don't mind this post. On a fox body I had a S-trim then YSI-trim. I loved the YSI and went mid 8's.

Now fast forwarding to my new ride, it is totally different. I have spent the last few days going through the forums. PD people say heat soak. Turbo's heat problems under the hood. I was looking into a JT setup, as YSI may be too much for a coyote. So I also appreciate any gained information.
Looks like turbo's run about 12k, Whipple 11K, and centrifugal about 9 (to include an E85 fuel sytem and other needs on all the kits.

OP
OP
Doctor Fishtail

Doctor Fishtail

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
I don't mind this post. On a fox body I had a S-trim then YSI-trim. I loved the YSI and went mid 8's.

Now fast forwarding to my new ride, it is totally different. I have spent the last few days going through the forums. PD people say heat soak. Turbo's heat problems under the hood. I was looking into a JT setup, as YSI may be too much for a coyote. So I also appreciate any gained information.
Looks like turbo's run about 12k, Whipple 11K, and centrifugal about 9 (to include an E85 fuel sytem and other needs on all the kits.
I have all supporting mods for any S/C. Am running E85. Never run pump gas. I am not even tuned for it. Am wondering if stock block would be able to handle more power with a centrifugal rather than the TVS since it is not so much of a shock to the rotating assembly?

Boduke0220

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP

kenB with palm beach dyno is doing whipple kits and a tune for $6500

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
The jt is a great head unit with def 8 second capability.

The nice thing about the jt is it is pretty effective with the stock 3.6 pulley on these cars, and most guys put in the 650 rwhp range on pump, and 750 or so on e85.

I'm a big fan of centri superchargers, but all kits are fun on these cars.

The JT is very capable at 650 wheel, and sings great at 1000 rwhp. IMO, going to the jt, and then adding the wastegate to bring on more low end, is just duplicating what you have.

No need for the wastegate. Throw a kit on with the 3.6 and an e85 tune, and go get after some mid 9s and still have a ton of fun on the street!

kenB with palm beach dyno is doing whipple kits and a tune for $6500
Plenty of supporting vendors offering great deals as well :)

Sponsored
OP
OP
Doctor Fishtail

Doctor Fishtail

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
The jt is a great head unit with def 8 second capability.

The nice thing about the jt is it is pretty effective with the stock 3.6 pulley on these cars, and most guys put in the 650 rwhp range on pump, and 750 or so on e85.

I'm a big fan of centri superchargers, but all kits are fun on these cars.

The JT is very capable at 650 wheel, and sings great at 1000 rwhp. IMO, going to the jt, and then adding the wastegate to bring on more low end, is just duplicating what you have.

No need for the wastegate. Throw a kit on with the 3.6 and an e85 tune, and go get after some mid 9s and still have a ton of fun on the street!

Plenty of supporting vendors offering great deals as well :)
Mr. Beefcake, you have always given me best price and best advice. I do not even think about a whipple. Seems they are always having issues. For me to pull my TVS blower for this kit I might need a divorce lawyer. :lol: But I have been known to perform magic at different points in my life when needed. I am hoping to hear from members that are running THIS KIT. Thanks for your input.

Jay-rod427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT C/S
So you'd rather drop thousands of $$$ changing blower setup(and still have the same problem), than a few hundred now and again on tires, and a few hundred $$$ up front on suspension?

OP
OP
Doctor Fishtail

Doctor Fishtail

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
So you'd rather drop thousands of $$$ changing blower setup(and still have the same problem), than a few hundred now and again on tires, and a few hundred $$$ up front on suspension?
I would rather keep this on topic. Not concerned with tires. Thanks. Pros n Cons with Centris.

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
how do i get one of these? damn thats cheap for a whipple.
we can help you out with a great deal on a whipple, and were forum sponsors
Sponsored