2016 GT Premium White

EvilRoosterJr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Waylon
Vehicle(s)
Ingot Silver 2015 V6
I installed the sport plus springs recently but the back seems a little higher than the front, or maybe the front is a little too low? Anyway any idea if they will just settle in the back or could there be a problem?

Sponsored

OP
OP
Doctor Fishtail

Doctor Fishtail

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
I installed the sport plus springs recently but the back seems a little higher than the front, or maybe the front is a little too low? Anyway any idea if they will just settle in the back or could there be a problem?
The front drop is 1.5" the rear is 1.3" mine leveled out. If you look at the pics in the my first post you will see. Look at the springs in the rear closely and make sure coils are flush on the top as well as the bottom. I hear this a lot with all springs only to be install error. It is a quick fix.

Faisal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Could you post a picture?

SK GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT(sold), 17 1LE
Is there any issue with the coils binding and making noise? Went through that on a set of progressive springs on the front and had to add an isolator.

Do these come with isolators similar to the eibachs?

OP
OP
Doctor Fishtail

Doctor Fishtail

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Is there any issue with the coils binding and making noise? Went through that on a set of progressive springs on the front and had to add an isolator.

Do these come with isolators similar to the eibachs?
No they don't. Out of every set of springs I have installed I have never had this issue. :)

EvilRoosterJr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Waylon
Vehicle(s)
Ingot Silver 2015 V6
Could you post a picture?
The front drop is 1.5" the rear is 1.3" mine leveled out. If you look at the pics in the my first post you will see. Look at the springs in the rear closely and make sure coils are flush on the top as well as the bottom. I hear this a lot with all springs only to be install error. It is a quick fix.
Sorry for the wait here you go.

I also hear some popping, almost like someone is kicking a can or a cow bell is dinging on the front right of my car when I'm going slow, like backing out of a parking space. I'm sure this is the noise people are talking about, is there any way to fix this or is it something that'll go away over time?
Mustang1.jpg

Sponsored

Faisal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Sorry for the wait here you go.

I also hear some popping, almost like someone is kicking a can or a cow bell is dinging on the front right of my car when I'm going slow, like backing out of a parking space. I'm sure this is the noise people are talking about, is there any way to fix this or is it something that'll go away over time?
Maybe it's the angle but I don't see it higher in the front than the back it's looking like the opposite like it should.

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
I'm not even sure how to explain this but:
I'm running 35mm drop Vogtlands.
The car still has a little rake, as per normal.
However, when you measure the height from the ground to top of guard, the rear sits lower by about 10mm from memory.
So yes, in my case, the rear looks slightly lower than the front but the car is still raked as if going downhill.
Make any sense?

Niz55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
Do not pair these springs with Koni shocks. The rear rides way too soft. These springs are designed to work with pp shocks with high compression. The front is good with Koni but please do not buy these with Koni rear shocks. The rear springs have very low rate starting at 400 and pairing it with Koni rear shocks that have much less compression than the pp shocks makes the rear end floaty and very unstable. I am going to change out the rear shocks to pp.

FreeRein

FreeRein
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
M17 Mustang GT 6MT Coupe
Konis Compression too soft?

Do not pair these springs with Koni shocks. The rear rides way too soft. These springs are designed to work with pp shocks with high compression. The front is good with Koni but please do not buy these with Koni rear shocks. The rear springs have very low rate starting at 400 and pairing it with Koni rear shocks that have much less compression than the pp shocks makes the rear end floaty and very unstable. I am going to change out the rear shocks to pp.
Hi Niz,

Curious on this. I have just removed Koni's in rear due to poor ride with BMR Handling springs. Back on PP dampers which is not enough for the spring (not bad) its way better but I should either custom valve the Koni's softer or go for FRPP - which BMRTech advises are even softer in compression than PP shocks - and a lot less than Koni. (I'll probably change springs to a 800 lb or progressive rate rear also). Like others here, seems to be hard to dial in the Konis in the rear only, but advised its because compression is too hard not too soft (by the way - this combo would be great on a track). Cheers

FreeRein

Niz55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
These springs match really well with pp damper. Koni matches good with linear spring rate but it does take some time to dial it in.

From my experience the pp shocks have shit load of compression compare to Koni.
Sponsored