Sponsored

VMP Fuel System

compslow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Comp Orange Mustang GT
I know most people lean towards a Fore Fuel System but, I'm curious if anyone has used the VMP Plug and Play system? After watching their install video, it looks like they are using a Fore fuel hat and 465 pumps so I'm trying to decide what the extra money would be paying for if I went with a full Fore system. Has anyone purchased this kit? If so, any reviews?

https://www.vmpperformance.com/VMP-Plug-and-Play-Return-Style-Fuel-System
Sponsored

fuelforfire87

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Shelby GT500
The VMP fuel system is basically a fore system but you are only running one fuel line instead of 2. Also the electrical wiring on a fore system is a little cleaner than the VMP. The cost between a fore dual pump system and a VMP is about the same if you need fuel rails. The VMP is just a little easier to install since you are only running one fuel line and converting the stock feed line to a return. I wouldn't go with the Sai Li unless you are planning to make no more than 750 whp on E85 or are just running race gas. To go beyond that and get the advertised 800-850 hp supercharged you will need to add a boost a pump and large injectors like ID1300's which IMO defeats the purpose of having a return fuel system. I made the mistake of going with the Sai Li when my car had the stock motor and I made 740 wheel on E85. Now that I have a built motor I will be installing a Fore system so I can make 850 wheel safely where as the Sai Li system would be completely maxed out.

OP
OP
compslow

compslow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Comp Orange Mustang GT
The VMP fuel system is basically a fore system but you are only running one fuel line instead of 2. Also the electrical wiring on a fore system is a little cleaner than the VMP. The cost between a fore dual pump system and a VMP is about the same if you need fuel rails. The VMP is just a little easier to install since you are only running one fuel line and converting the stock feed line to a return. I wouldn't go with the Sai Li unless you are planning to make no more than 750 whp on E85 or are just running race gas. To go beyond that and get the advertised 800-850 hp supercharged you will need to add a boost a pump and large injectors like ID1300's which IMO defeats the purpose of having a return fuel system. I made the mistake of going with the Sai Li when my car had the stock motor and I made 740 wheel on E85. Now that I have a built motor I will be installing a Fore system so I can make 850 wheel safely where as the Sai Li system would be completely maxed out.

Thanks for the reply. My plan was to get in the 850-900 area for now but, I may build my motor in the future. When you say the wiring is a little cleaner, what are you referring too?

Cory S

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cory
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
Whats your future targeted WHP?

Sponsored

OP
OP
compslow