Sponsored

Visor Warning label Blackouts

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Why can't the manufacturers put the damn labels on the MIRROR side of the visors - this way the label is 1) always hidden facing the headliner and 2) doesn't look jackassed ridiculous when the driver has to flip the visor down and the label is facing traffic....
Sponsored

OP
OP
Mr Snappy

Mr Snappy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT-Vert, 2015 Tahoe LTZ
Why can't the manufacturers put the damn labels on the MIRROR side of the visors - this way the label is 1) always hidden facing the headliner and 2) doesn't look jackassed ridiculous when the driver has to flip the visor down and the label is facing traffic....
Federal law...not their choice.

Azzurro

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT Premium. Race Red
OP
OP
Mr Snappy

Mr Snappy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT-Vert, 2015 Tahoe LTZ
I ended up ordering from Zomibe. Top-notch customer service and fast shipping :headbang:

I am going to make a comment to all the makers/providers of these. PLEASE make them 1/16" larger than the actual dimensions of the sticker!

I had the same problem with 3 Corvettes and the black-out stickers from them, and it was quite a topic on Corvette forum. The issue with exact-cut stickers is that all warning labels shrink/expand over time. Also, it's quite a challenge to get those things perfectly aligned under the best of circumstances and leaving a sliver of yellow or white showing is almost more distracting then the full sticker.

The good news is that it does perfectly cover and is made of a pretty good material. You just have to really concentrate and take your time.

Sponsored

Dirtyblueshirt

Award Winning Taste™
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger Lariat Tremor
Looking for a foreign market that doesn't require them...
You won't find it on the Mustang unfortunately. There's only two versions, NA market and Export market. All export market vehicles are equipped to EU standards, which are accepted as compliant everywhere else in the world. FWIW, the EU stickers ARE different, but still the same size and location.

frankeric16

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
frank
Vehicle(s)
2019 DHG Bullitt
Vehicle Showcase
Just ordered from Zombie. My Bullitt is 4 1/8 by 4 7/8 so the blackout size should be more than enough. On a side note I tried the heat gun but did not like what was happening so i stopped and the corner stuck right back on. If I took the visor off I probably could have done a pro job but I wasn't fooling around with the wire to the visor light.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
I ended up ordering from Zomibe. Top-notch customer service and fast shipping :headbang:

I am going to make a comment to all the makers/providers of these. PLEASE make them 1/16" larger than the actual dimensions of the sticker!

I had the same problem with 3 Corvettes and the black-out stickers from them, and it was quite a topic on Corvette forum. The issue with exact-cut stickers is that all warning labels shrink/expand over time. Also, it's quite a challenge to get those things perfectly aligned under the best of circumstances and leaving a sliver of yellow or white showing is almost more distracting then the full sticker.

The good news is that it does perfectly cover and is made of a pretty good material. You just have to really concentrate and take your time.

Any pics of them installed?

Sponsored

frankeric16

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
frank
Vehicle(s)
2019 DHG Bullitt
Vehicle Showcase
Still waiting for them. We're in the middle of a very crappy snow & freezing rain storm so everything has been delayed. Getting real sick of this weather shit!

Interceptor

Daily Driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 California Special A10
I went to AutoZone/Advance, they have a adhesive backed light vinyl that I cut and fit. The reason I used this product is that it is not permanent. You can peel back off when you go to trade car in.

I had them on all summer in South Carolina parked in sun all the time. No problem.
The color I used was a mixture of black and grey. Blends well.

Also cut a piece and install on passenger side dash above glove box, later removed as the heat cause issues. The cost seem a little high, but I liked the fact they can be removed for next owner (legal issues)

frankeric16

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
frank
Vehicle(s)
2019 DHG Bullitt
Vehicle Showcase
Just got em from Zombie and they fit perfect! Yellow glare gone!!!!

frankeric16

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
frank
Vehicle(s)
2019 DHG Bullitt
Vehicle Showcase
drivers side had the sun shadow line but the other did not.
IMG_0857.jpg
IMG_0856.jpg
Sponsored