Sponsored

Video: Installing Dual-Color Front Turn & Sidemarker LEDs! BIG front-end upgrade!

MagneticGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
Remember way back in 2014 on 11/22...

The inline resistors, as mentioned in the video, are not yet available. They are being manufactured right now! They will be $30/pair.
Then, how many of us did this thinking they were not that long from being released...

Remember that you can always get the bulbs now, and simply throw the resistors in later if you decide you want them, when they are in stock.
:doh: :frusty: :brokenheart:
Sponsored

OP
OP
Diode Dynamics

Diode Dynamics

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.diodedynamics.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EcoBoost
Remember way back in 2014 on 11/22...

Then, how many of us did this thinking they were not that long from being released...
After thousands of dollars lost in development fees, we are no longer actively pursuing the development of this product. I'm sorry for the disappointment- certainly a lot of frustration here on our end, and really wish we could have gotten them done.

psoff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT pp
After thousands of dollars lost in development fees, we are no longer actively pursuing the development of this product. I'm sorry for the disappointment- certainly a lot of frustration here on our end, and really wish we could have gotten them done.
Wow those must have been some expensive prototype resistors. Lol

Stripes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15GT 401a + Roush AB, MRT H-Pipe
Would you guys consider making an all-LED housing for the turn signals? Either with switchbacks, or no switchbacks? Something similar to the LED sidemarkers for the rear, or like hat Oracle has done with their reverse light?

You can build a resistor into the PBC for this, and put an aluminum or copper heatsink behind the PCB. You guys have already developed the technology for switchbacks... maybe using a 5000k temp LED instead, so it matches the LED strips in the headlights...

It seems like all that needs to be developed is the form factor for this.

Blue Beast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pat
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium 50 Years Package
Pity... I really liked the concept

Sponsored

TheDivaDanielle

Living the Dream
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Danielle
Vehicle(s)
2016 GTPP Vert / 2016 Focus RS
Can you guys tell me/show me/direct me to what the wiring is on the LEDs or rather the Mustang?

I'm trying to do something maybe sorta kinda different, and knowing what i'm working with might actually be helpful

I tried experimenting and destroyed one of my DD 7443 turn signals.

standard or CK wiring?

OP
OP
Diode Dynamics

Diode Dynamics

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.diodedynamics.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EcoBoost
Can you guys tell me/show me/direct me to what the wiring is on the LEDs or rather the Mustang?

I'm trying to do something maybe sorta kinda different, and knowing what i'm working with might actually be helpful

I tried experimenting and destroyed one of my DD 7443 turn signals.

standard or CK wiring?
Give us a call and we can assist you with your project: (314) 205-3033

Nick C.

TheDivaDanielle

Living the Dream
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Danielle
Vehicle(s)
2016 GTPP Vert / 2016 Focus RS
figured it out. it was the internal circuitry being a problem. regular non-switchbacks fixed it.

Sponsored

pctek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium DIB 401A
Sorry DD, but I purchased the front turn signal Switchback LED's back in early 2015, with the understanding that the inline resistor kit was being made. Then many customers found that the switchback LED's began to fall apart inside the turn signal/marker housing. You offered a free replacement which I traded in my original switchbacks for the "new" version, and they too came apart. Now you tell us that you've scrapped the inline resistor kits. So you've released yet another switchback LED for the reverse light.. I've got the Raxiom sequencers installed and love what they do. How will they interface to your new switchback? Oh, BTW, did you notice in your demo video that the high mount break light (LEDS) never lit when he stepped on the brakes? Hmmm what did your switchback do to it? Raxiom now also make a switchback kit for the front. I'm gonna order up a set and see if they also come apart when installed.. The guys at DD have some great idea's for our S550's but there have been far to many "set backs" for me to continue to rely on your products.

OP
OP
Diode Dynamics

Diode Dynamics

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.diodedynamics.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EcoBoost
Sorry DD, but I purchased the front turn signal Switchback LED's back in early 2015, with the understanding that the inline resistor kit was being made. Then many customers found that the switchback LED's began to fall apart inside the turn signal/marker housing. You offered a free replacement which I traded in my original switchbacks for the "new" version, and they too came apart. Now you tell us that you've scrapped the inline resistor kits. So you've released yet another switchback LED for the reverse light.. I've got the Raxiom sequencers installed and love what they do. How will they interface to your new switchback? Oh, BTW, did you notice in your demo video that the high mount break light (LEDS) never lit when he stepped on the brakes? Hmmm what did your switchback do to it? Raxiom now also make a switchback kit for the front. I'm gonna order up a set and see if they also come apart when installed.. The guys at DD have some great idea's for our S550's but there have been far to many "set backs" for me to continue to rely on your products.
We've addressed all of the original issues we experienced with the switchbacks and provided full transparency and honesty to those who purchased with us. If you have experienced a product-related defect, please don't hesitate to contact us for more warranty support.

Unfortunately, we had to discontinue the development of the inline resistors despite the best efforts of our engineering team. We've also been upfront with members on those challenges as well.

In the 4th Brake light video, we left our high-mount brake light disconnected. The 4th Brake light kit is perfectly compatible with sequencer modules. (We have both installed on our 2015 Mustang)

Again, if you need any support, please don't hesitate to contact us, we are here to help: (314) 205-3033

Nick C.

Varekai

Mustang Enthusiast
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost
We've addressed all of the original issues we experienced with the switchbacks and provided full transparency and honesty to those who purchased with us. If you have experienced a product-related defect, please don't hesitate to contact us for more warranty support.

Again, if you need any support, please don't hesitate to contact us, we are here to help: (314) 205-3033

Nick C.
I shot you guys an email last night. I have the original switchbacks, I purchased them a year ago in april. Just noticed last night that one is flickering between amber and white.

OP
OP
Diode Dynamics

Diode Dynamics

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.diodedynamics.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EcoBoost
I shot you guys an email last night. I have the original switchbacks, I purchased them a year ago in april. Just noticed last night that one is flickering between amber and white.
Our customer service team will work with you and make sure you receive new replacements.

We've had exceptional results with the HP24 ever since we redesigned them last year

Thank you,
Nick C.

Varekai

Mustang Enthusiast
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost
Our customer service team will work with you and make sure you receive new replacements.

We've had exceptional results with the HP24 ever since we redesigned them last year

Thank you,
Nick C.
Thanks, I got an email minutes after replying on here!
Sponsored