Sponsored

Vibrant resonators

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT Base PP1 6MT Rapid Red
Just got back from the muffler shop, all welded in. It helped a lot. These are small race mufflers, it totally helped with it being trumpety and high rpm rasp. Had a small exhaust leak from behind the Borla Switchfire. Fixed that as well.

IMG_20201113_090859830.jpg

Last edited:

DRKHORS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
'11 Mustang, '17 Mustang, '18 F150, '23 Mustang GT
Seems to be a popular spot for locating the resonators. Here's my 2.5" vibrants installed on my FRPP Borla Sport with O/R long tubes located on the back of my Steed x-pipe. They are wonderful for reducing the rasp and taking so many of the harsh tones out of the exhaust. Love them so much I ended up replacing my factory resonator on my F150 with a longer version of this one after the Magnaflow MF cat-back I installed was too quiet...

20190223_161101[1].jpg

20190223_161101[1].jpg

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Seems to be a popular spot for locating the resonators. Here's my 2.5" vibrants installed on my FRPP Borla Sport with O/R long tubes located on the back of my Steed x-pipe. They are wonderful for reducing the rasp and taking so many of the harsh tones out of the exhaust. Love them so much I ended up replacing my factory resonator on my F150 with a longer version of this one after the Magnaflow MF cat-back I installed was too quiet...

20190223_161101[1].jpg

20190223_161101[1].jpg

Looks good, I had issue with removing the factory heat shields in that area though. Thats why I went with the smaller race bullit mufflers.

Jordan @ Lethal

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.lethalperformance.com
First Name
Jordan
Vehicle(s)
2016 Stingray M7
Good stuff! It's pretty awesome that there's this option to help make our obnoxious cars a bit more palpable for ourselves and the world at large.

Sponsored

Torinate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Convertible
yeah i havent noticed any signs of leaking, the weld job seems pretty solid as far as that goes. I figure if it ends up becoming a problem, i can find something to replace it or get smaller ones welded in at that point.

the sound is much better. its pretty quiet at idle or at low rpms, but still pretty loud and sounds good when im getting on it. I dont notice any drone anymore which i will appreciate when i drive across country soon for my training.
Looks great!

My plan may be similar to yours. Put in cat deletes but I will need some resonators to tone everything down. I have AWE Touring and love it. But I’m thinking with the deletes it may be too much. Did you notice an overall reduction in sound volume or just got rid of rasp and drone? I’m hoping that the resonators will decrease the increase in volume with the cat deletes. Hopefully a reasonable trade off.
What do you think?

OP
OP
Adamone92

Adamone92

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
Looks great!

My plan may be similar to yours. Put in cat deletes but I will need some resonators to tone everything down. I have AWE Touring and love it. But I’m thinking with the deletes it may be too much. Did you notice an overall reduction in sound volume or just got rid of rasp and drone? I’m hoping that the resonators will decrease the increase in volume with the cat deletes. Hopefully a reasonable trade off.
What do you think?
it reduced sound volume considerably, rasp, and drone. Even on startup it is much more quiet now. If that's what you are looking for, then itll for sure do that.

Ive been told they have a break in period, so idk what the final result is yet if that's true, but so far it has done that for my setup

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
As my photos showed, I didn't do the Vibrant resonators. I went with small bullet race mufflers from Total Flow. It did an amazing job in cleaning up the way the car sounds. There is still some rasp but at a much more acceptable level. I actually like a little rasp, gives it that clean high tech sound. Before the TotalFlows the car was just loud and obnoxious above 4k rpm. The issue I had with the Vibrants is they didn't make a 2.5" that was small just 12" long which makes it more difficult to mount somewhere.

OP
OP
Adamone92

Adamone92

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
As my photos showed, I didn't do the Vibrant resonators. I went with small bullet race mufflers from Total Flow. It did an amazing job in cleaning up the way the car sounds. There is still some rasp but at a much more acceptable level. I actually like a little rasp, gives it that clean high tech sound. Before the TotalFlows the car was just loud and obnoxious above 4k rpm. The issue I had with the Vibrants is they didn't make a 2.5" that was small just 12" long which makes it more difficult to mount somewhere.
The total flow seems like a great option as well that i wasnt aware of prior to buying my vibrant.

Sponsored

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The total flow seems like a great option as well that i wasnt aware of prior to buying my vibrant.

Not to mention they are 309 stainless and half the cost.

FruityJudy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10
Looks great!

What do you think?
After they break in they dont reduce volume much. I would consider a tru-x if you are looking to do that

OP
OP
Adamone92

Adamone92

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
After they break in they dont reduce volume much. I would consider a tru-x if you are looking to do that
So itll get louder again? Thats interesting.

I dont mind it getting more volume..im happy as long as the rasp and drone are gone..but still.

Jordan @ Lethal

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.lethalperformance.com
First Name
Jordan
Vehicle(s)
2016 Stingray M7
Great info to consider when making the decision not only if resonators are something you may want but location as well. I'm glad to hear both options have satisfactory results too. Cheers :fistbump:

Last edited:

AdrianMAK

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.makperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 TY Mustang GT Premium
This has become popular with our race pipes lately. They work much better in the pipe towards the front than in the rear from what we have seen. Keep in mind that your muffler selection will play a big part in this as well. We have welded them in towards the rear of the catback on Corsa Extremes, and they do not make much of a sound difference, they do help kill some rasp, if you are after that. If anyone has any questions please feel free to shoot us a PM.
Sponsored