Vibrant Clamps Quick Release

Leonidas514

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chad
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
Has anyone used these in the manifold to charge pipe? I installed mine today after having both the charge pipe and throttle welded. I understand how they work but was not expecting the front to back movement that this allows. I assume that's normal? but once you put the collar over both o-rings and install the clamp it moves a ton.

Screenshot_20211219-193438_Bing.jpg
Sponsored

OP
OP
Leonidas514

Leonidas514

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chad
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
Damn. Missed out on that. Spent money on the welding too. Lol

illtal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Damn. Missed out on that. Spent money on the welding too. Lol
No worries man I actually have thought about that kind of problem a lot. This seems to be a good remedy. Actually thinking about running turbo myself.
What kit are you running got any pix?

OP
OP
Leonidas514

Leonidas514

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chad
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
No worries man I actually have thought about that kind of problem a lot. This seems to be a good remedy. Actually thinking about running turbo myself.
What kit are you running got any pix?
BL Fabs

20211210_193040.jpg

Sponsored

illtal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
this is actually what I was considering! How are is the fitment(maybe you 're still in the middle of the install. ? I am wondering about the space around the radiator and fan shroud.

OP
OP
Leonidas514

Leonidas514

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chad
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
this is actually what I was considering! How are is the fitment(maybe you 're still in the middle of the install. ? I am wondering about the space around the radiator and fan shroud.
In my opinion the 88mm is a bitch to install. Not sure if anyone else has had issues with radiator shroud clearance but over on Facebook on the BL Fabs page, looks like a common issue. The kit is SUPER nice an I recieved it a timely fashion. I have the VMR k member and I had to modify that to install, I also had to make my own radiator mounts by welding tabs in the radiator and having it mount on the frame. I still have less than an inch of clearance and I've moved the radiator forward quite a bit. Everything else has been pretty seamless.

illtal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
In my opinion the 88mm is a bitch to install. Not sure if anyone else has had issues with radiator shroud clearance but over on Facebook on the BL Fabs page, looks like a common issue. The kit is SUPER nice an I recieved it a timely fashion. I have the VMR k member and I had to modify that to install, I also had to make my own radiator mounts by welding tabs in the radiator and having it mount on the frame. I still have less than an inch of clearance and I've moved the radiator forward quite a bit. Everything else has been pretty seamless.
So it's the size of the turbo that seems to interference?

OP
OP
Leonidas514

Leonidas514

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chad
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
So it's the size of the turbo that seems to interference?
I'd reach out to them to see the difference in dimensions on the compressor housings. The bigger it is the further you have to move the radiator forward.

illtal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I'd reach out to them to see the difference in dimensions on the compressor housings. The bigger it is the further you have to move the radiator forward.
I'm thinking about putting a large frame T4 on there instead of the T6 via an adapter flange.
Garrett wants big money for those turbos though. It's a bit of a detractor.

illtal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Also I don't care for the front exhaust, Is that what you're going to use because it appears to be a track car. Is there space to run a full exhaust under the engine above the K-Member
Sponsored