Threads
Reaction score
First Name
IRISH
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ruby Red GT350
By TRI Industries, a Savagegeese review www.savagegeese.com

[ame]

Probably the best video review of this car I've seen to date. Includes a very short pitch at the end to donate to TRI's raffle. I hope this raffle does well, it's only at $33K! My fellow vets, let's help TRI get the word out on social media, only two months to go.
Sponsored

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible

WinAShelbyGt350.com

NFP Organization
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cartridgesthatcare.com
First Name
Ken
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 R AG
By TRI Industries, a Savagegeese review www.savagegeese.com

Probably the best video review of this car I've seen to date. Includes a very short pitch at the end to donate to TRI's raffle. I hope this raffle does well, it's only at $33K! My fellow vets, let's help TRI get the word out on social media, only two months to go.
Thank you for your support and kind words. We are in our final 60 days of the GT350R giveaway and we appreciate the donations we have received from the Ford enthusiasts community. We have a fantastic sports car to award to one lucky person next month.

I am very thankful to Mark Savew of SavageGeese.com for his interest in our organization and his time commitment to producing several videos. He knew the challenges we faced with having no donor base from previous funding raising. He spent time with our staff and the people we serve and interviewed everyone here to understand our mission. This is our first fund raising effort in our history since 1977 and most of the donations to date have occurred since the video posting 3 weeks ago.

Our fund raising efforts are will be spread across several Ford Performance vehicles over the next year. Our second car website was released yesterday and we are grateful to have Mark interested in featuring it in another video review later next month. A link to the next car giveaway can be found in the sponsor section at the bottom of the GT350 giveaway website.

Sponsored

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
A few road miles is nothing to a 350R, suck it up, the message is to help a vet, not wish for a museum piece.
A few road miles at 8250 RPM and a pretty good splitter scrape..... All before it's broke in. Whats a few extra miles?

Mines on order. I don't need to win this one.

dron_jones

Threads
Reaction score
Fell into a pot hole in Michigan and can't get bac
Vehicle(s)
Me crazy, and I can't help myself
A few road miles at 8250 RPM and a pretty good splitter scrape..... All before it's broke in. Whats a few extra miles?

Mines on order. I don't need to win this one.
But still feel the need to dump on people trying to raise money for a good cause?

If you don't like the prize you can silently choose to not support it. For some its more about what they are raising money for.

OP
OP
thehygienist

thehygienist

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
IRISH
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ruby Red GT350
Whats a few extra miles?
I respect your need to win a museum piece. I bought my tickets and don't care if TRI markets the beast. Surprised to hear the whining from a vet, though. Semper Gumby.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
I believe what he is asking is at what point will the car not be driven and how many miles will the car have when it is awarded?

One of the points of concern is beating on a car that has not been properly warmed up. Also, what do you think someone is going to do when you let them have it for a while and tell them to have fun? Most people will beat the piss out of it. How will you safeguard or supervise the manner in which this car will be driven?

I don't know about you, but the thought of winning a used car over a new car is different.

You points are valid and are also our concern too. Our initial meeting regarding the feature video will be next week and we will have more to report at that time. I can say now that the video discussion is as much about the organization and its fund raising efforts and how it can help benefit our cause as it is about the car.
What I got from the video was more about the car review and not so much about the primary reason for the raffle, TRI industries. There was a little blirb at the end about the raffle, but that seemed weak at best.

So that's my point. From that video, it does not look like a lot of care went into trying to pass along a new car to the winner of the raffle.

This is an open forum. I am expressing my concerns as I did before. I don't think I am dumping on anything because it is what it is. The winner will get a used car and pay tax on it as if it was brand new. Read the fine print.

If you don't like what I have to say, just ignore it please.

Thanks

dron_jones

Threads
Reaction score
Fell into a pot hole in Michigan and can't get bac
Vehicle(s)
Me crazy, and I can't help myself
So that's my point. From that video, it does not look like a lot of care went into trying to pass along a new car to the winner of the raffle.

This is an open forum. I am expressing my concerns as I did before. I don't think I am dumping on anything because it is what it is. The winner will get a used car and pay tax on it as if it was brand new. Read the fine print.
I agree, an open forum and a free country. That being said i too have an opinion and mine is that anyone who buys 50$ worth of tickets and wins a GT350R with a factory warranty and even 500 miles would be insane to complain that it is not a new car and somehow they were ripped off. If it were to really bother the person so much they could certainly choose to take the $75K in reward money. The point is that just like every raffle, your odds of winning are extremely low, the odds of helping a good cause however are very high, so why bother trying to take away from what they are doing knit picking the prize?

Sponsored

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
But still feel the need to dump on people trying to raise money for a good cause?

If you don't like the prize you can silently choose to not support it. For some its more about what they are raising money for.
I sent them money. I know that I will never see it. I supported their endeavor, I do not appreciate the way they went about it.

For the sake of the service they provide, I saw it worth donating. I did not see the need to hand over the car to get beat on for the sake of a utube video.

MaxWW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT350R, Mercedes Benz SL63, Ford Edge, RV6
I thought it was a great review as well. In fact I subscribed to Mark Savew's youtube page and bought a few raffle tickets. Looks like a very worthy cause to me.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
Looks like a very worthy cause to me.
Yes, and that is why I sent them a donation. Anyone can enter the drawing for free, but I felt it was worth donating.