Wylie C

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Guy
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium A10
Vehicle Showcase
I worked for an hour and a half on the drivers side. The OEM links almost fall out with the suspension all the way down. Install the new links with the top bolt snug, not tight. Raise the lower control arm to almost stock position, and in some cases higher. The lower bolt will go right in. This was a nightmare until I figured this out. Nothing tells you to raise the suspension this high, but that is the trick.
Sponsored

BluePonyGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Corey
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue GT Premium 6MT
I replaced mine as part of a larger suspension upgrade. For me putting a little pressure under the tow link knuckle, and moving the jack up and down until the holes lined up did the trick for me, but I had the benefit of working on suspensions before to know how to do that.

Live and learn - there's lots of inside knowledge that comes with working on suspensions that often times can be difficult to put on paper.

One thing I did was look at all of the installation videos from various parts distributors to see how they did it, and I'd pick up differences (ie whether or not to use locktite, torque specs that would be slightly different, different tools). You just have to roll with it unfortunately.