Sponsored

Vents blowing hot air

Melbnut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang gt
Car has gone in for its 3000k this morning and I mentioned to the tech that unless the Ac is on the car blows warm if not hot air. Apparently this is normal?? Anyone else noticed this stupid thing!
Sponsored

G RUSH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 V8 GT
Car has gone in for its 3000k this morning and I mentioned to the tech that unless the Ac is on the car blows warm if not hot air. Apparently this is normal?? Anyone else noticed this stupid thing!
I've read this twice now on this forum.

I can confirm that this morning, which was a cool morning, I had turned fan only on, with fresh air coming through, and had the temps set to 20 degC, and cool air was definitely coming out, even when the engine was warm.

I'll keep testing this but I have always enjoyed having outside air come in so I use this setting quite a bit and have never noticed warm air on a cool day.

OP
OP

Melbnut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang gt

I can confirm that this morning, which was a cool morning, I had turned fan only on, with fresh air coming through, and had the temps set to 20 degC, and cool air was definitely coming out, even when the engine was warm.

I'll keep testing this but I have always enjoyed having outside air come in so I use this setting quite a bit and have never noticed warm air on a cool day.
Thanks! I'll mention this to them today

Aus-MustangGT

Aus-350
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 WRX/Evo 8 ADM
I also have an issue with this, I almost permanently drive with the windows down or AC on even if the sync system is showing <15 degrees outside

Sponsored

peterdee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guard Mustang GT
I have noticed the same thing. I fooled around the climate settings, and haven't noticed it as much.

peterdee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guard Mustang GT

Would you mind taking a photo of your climate settings and posting it here? I would like to compare them to mine

RSPEC-015

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Territory & Mustang GT
I've noticed with our Territory and the R-Spec if the climate control is off it defaults to a ventilation mode. The fan is off but outside air flows freely into the cabin. The only way to stop this is to close the dash outlets.

On the Focus and the Mustang it's the opposite and no air flows through.

The only way to get air is to turn on the air conditioning/fan.

It doesn't really bother me but I prefer the setup on the Territory/R-Spec; I just put it down to these being locally made cars and the other two down to being imports.

tantash

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anne
Vehicle(s)
2015/16 Mustang GT V8 convertible
We have that problem with our 2005 Mustang and have not managed to sort it out either. We thought it was a fault with our thermostat? Haven't had this issue on the new Pony though.

Sponsored

G RUSH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 V8 GT
Would you mind taking a photo of your climate settings and posting it here? I would like to compare them to mine

[MENTION=20109]peterdee[/MENTION] here it is, set at 19 deg C, no a/c, no auto, just air from the outside at lowest setting and it was 100% cool air.

1462837876.DSC_2898_675x1200.JPG

peterdee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guard Mustang GT
[MENTION=20109]peterdee[/MENTION] here it is, set at 19 deg C, no a/c, no auto, just air from the outside at lowest setting and it was 100% cool air.

1462837876.DSC_2898_675x1200.JPG
Thanks mate, I'm pretty sure my settings are like that now, and no hot air.

JOS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
Mustang gt
This is what I got today when turning the heater on for the first time. Heated air from passenger side went and left centre, cold air from drivers side, right & centre vents. Played with the buttons no change. Advice would be appreciated. Thank you.

etbiru

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
This is normal. I used to have Subaru WRX that did this. You need to lower your temperature in Ur AC settings (yes even if the AC is off) and you should feel cool air coming in. If you would like hot air coming in through the vents just do the opposite and increase the AC temp.

If you want to stop the outside air from coming in just press the recirculation button.

miro67

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 build GT Convertible
This is what I got today when turning the heater on for the first time. Heated air from passenger side went and left centre, cold air from drivers side, right & centre vents. Played with the buttons no change. Advice would be appreciated. Thank you.
This is exactly what I have just discovered on mine -heater works on the passenger side (and centre vents) but not the drivers side!

I had thought the heater was just 100% not working, and I mentioned it too my wife, who suprisingly told me the air was warm on her side.
Sponsored