Would you valet your new Mustang?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

2015 drof

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT w/PP
Has anyone had any valet issues with their new 2015, specifically GT, actually all levels of Mustang, across the board? Has any one used the key fob to limit the cars capabilities?
Thanks!

Also, i think i used too many exclamation point in the title, sorry about that. Haha.

Ordered on 10/7
GT w/PP, silver
"Built" 12/16 and waiting from SHIPPING
Sponsored

danielc

photographer
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.danielcarusophotography.com
First Name
daniel
Vehicle(s)
2015 race red gt pp recaro
tip them extra and i will drive it to car park? i haven't been in the situation yet but i wouldn't want to allow it. the funny thing is though, when i was at a hotel for a job, there were jaguar's, ferrari, porche..you know the cars, that were in line to be parked. the difference is i don't have money to waste should something happen. would rather not chance it.

Waylap1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 GT
Oh hell no. When a valet kid goes home after work, do you think he says to his girlfriend....." Yup, got to drive that new GT mustang tonight....babied it real easy like it was my own"

Clink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Focus
I've never tried but I would prefer to tip the guy and park it myself, and keep the keys.

I'm sure they have rules against that but worth a shot..

EDIT - HELL NO

[ame]

Waylap1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 GT
I know they're experienced professional people, but there's that one in a million that might possibly maybe just a little, horse your car.
mustang1.2.jpg

Sponsored

OP
OP
2015 drof

2015 drof

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT w/PP
tip them extra and i will drive it to car park? i haven't been in the situation yet but i wouldn't want to allow it. the funny thing is though, when i was at a hotel for a job, there were jaguar's, ferrari, porche..you know the cars, that were in line to be parked. the difference is i don't have money to waste should something happen. would rather not chance it.
True that!

Farmundeh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic 2015 GT Premium
No issues, simply because I refuse to hand my keys over. I rather look for parking on the street and take my chances.

Toofarfromjune

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
GTPP
Yeah I only valet boring rental cars while on vacation. I'm in the group of just find your own parking and walk in, because as much as I love my cars I'd feel like quite a douche canoe asking for special treatment with my lowly ford or honda among a sea of exotic six figure pimp mobiles.

OP
OP
2015 drof

2015 drof

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT w/PP
Yeah I only valet boring rental cars while on vacation. I'm in the group of just find your own parking and walk in, because as much as I love my cars I'd feel like quite a douche canoe asking for special treatment with my lowly ford or honda among a sea of exotic six figure pimp mobiles.
Lololol! Well said. sometimes I feel the same way.

tsunami

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Premium EcoBoost Convertible
I am planning on installing a dash cam. It will turn on every time the car is running. It has a small LED screen to play back recording. I already have one on another car. Not only for valet parking but for insurance/police if an idiot runs into me.

Sponsored

MELLOWYELLOW06

MELLOW 2.0
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 TY GT PP
I was staying at Harrahs in Vegas years ago. They were building the new towers out back so there was open land covered in fine dirt. My brother tells me at dinner there was a sports car, kind of looked like your vette having a blast in the back lot drifting everywhere kicking up dirt. He said it was "a free cool show".

Didnt think much of it until I had valet bring my car the next day. I parked a blue vette but they brought up a light beige, dirt covered vette. I instantly knew whose car was drifting out back. They took a report, found out who parked it, verified surveillance videos and I heard the guy got fired, but ................

Clink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Focus
I am planning on installing a dash cam. It will turn on every time the car is running. It has a small LED screen to play back recording. I already have one on another car. Not only for valet parking but for insurance/police if an idiot runs into me.

What model dash cam do you have?

analogman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
It may only be a "Ford", but, you might be shocked at what some valet parkers will do to it. I would never, under any conditions, valet park my Mustang, or any other car with a standard transmission (they'll all say they can drive a stick, but how many 19 year old slackers really can?).

I've had a couple of bad experiences. With a 2001 Acura CL with a 6 speed stick, a parking lot attendant said 'sure, I can drive a stick'. When I got the car back at the end of the day, the clutch pedal engagement point was very different, at the top of the travel. The car had 6 more miles on it that when I left it in the morning. The clutch was toast, and had to be replaced (the car had 11k miles). Of course, the parking garage denied all responsibility, and even though the car was under warranty, clutches are not covered. That day of parking ended up costing me over $1000.

Another time (long ago) I valet parked a 1985 Pontiac Firebird. While I was waiting for the car, I heard the distant sounds of a revving engine and squealing tires. As my blood pressure rapidly rose, my car appeared around a turn on the garage. The attendant got out and said, 'wow, it really gets rubber!'.

Those two experiences have sworn me off of 'valet' parking with any manual transmission or any car with remotely sporting pretentions. When the outcome means either eating a big repair or suing, it's just not worth it...
Sponsored