Sponsored

Valet Mode

sculptor310

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Mustang GT
Is there an aftermarket solution that would allow for the car to be locked into a valet mode that drops the HP down to a safer range?

Thanks in advance
Sponsored

Alloy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550 EB
yes there is. I use it all the time when i valet my car or when i have it worked on. I purchased the cobb tuner which comes with a Valet map. It allows the car to go no faster than 35mph.

Is there an aftermarket solution that would allow for the car to be locked into a valet mode that drops the HP down to a safer range?

Thanks in advance

foghat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT w/PP
yes there is. I use it all the time when i valet my car or when i have it worked on. I purchased the cobb tuner which comes with a Valet map. It allows the car to go no faster than 35mph.
No Cobb for 5.0.

OP, you can set some limits based on key fob being used, but honestly I have not looked into it at all, so not sure if you could turn one into a 'valet fob'. Not sure if this is available on all cars or just premium.

OutlanderRed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ruby Red GT Premium Manual
You should be able to set the MyKey functions for the second fob to act as a 'valet fob.' That's part of the point of having that...I don't know about setting HP, but you can set the speed limit for it. Along with some other features.

Just don't grab that one on accident if you're planning on having any fun :headbonk:

TheGrayRider

Huh...
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT PP Black
The Mykey will only disable the track apps, line lock and the launch control and keeps you from disabling traction control.. The lowest it will let you set the speed is 65mph..
Tried to limit everything before taking it to the dealer..
At least they cannot turn off the traction control with the toggles, but they can still run the shit out of it up to 65mph....:frusty:
From what I understand and gathered from playing with it is the valet mode just locks the screen/radio on the premiums..

Last edited:

OutlanderRed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ruby Red GT Premium Manual
Okay...nevermind. I haven't had a reason to play with that in mine.
Sponsored