Valet mode with Tomahawk Whipple

lx347cd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT and 2003 Cobra
anyone use the Valet mode in their Tomahawk handheld? I got to take my car in for an annual inspection soon.
Does it just limit RPM?

thanks
Sponsored

Meatball

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT
It’s disappointing that none of the Whipple folks are responding to this. I don’t have their kit (yet) but it’s my guess that “Valet mode” (global -25% in Flight Control?) mostly adjusts throttle aggressiveness. I think someone here dyno’d in this mode and still got 480 rwhp

If you’re asking because you’re worried about someone joy riding I don’t blame you. Not sure how I’m going to handle that but part of it will be nicely but firmly telling them that the odo better read properly when they’re done. And maybe an OBD gps tracker. Maybe I’m too paranoid...

OP
OP
lx347cd

lx347cd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT and 2003 Cobra
It’s disappointing that none of the Whipple folks are responding to this. I don’t have their kit (yet) but it’s my guess that “Valet mode” (global -25% in Flight Control?) mostly adjusts throttle aggressiveness. I think someone here dyno’d in this mode and still got 480 rwhp

If you’re asking because you’re worried about someone joy riding I don’t blame you. Not sure how I’m going to handle that but part of it will be nicely but firmly telling them that the odo better read properly when they’re done. And maybe an OBD gps tracker. Maybe I’m too paranoid...
I spoke with whipple and they said valet mode limits throttle opening. I just used toggle power by gear and did all at -25%. I still dont know what the 1 and 2 modes mean in valet. Guess 1 is less power and 2 even less. They didnt know when i asked them.

Meatball

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT
I spoke with whipple and they said valet mode limits throttle opening. I just used toggle power by gear and did all at -25%. I still dont know what the 1 and 2 modes mean in valet. Guess 1 is less power and 2 even less. They didnt know when i asked them.
They didn’t know????

So “Valet mode” is an option on the Tomahawk handheld separate from Flight Control? Sorry if this is stupid; I don’t have a kit yet.

OP
OP
lx347cd

lx347cd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT and 2003 Cobra
They didn’t know????

So “Valet mode” is an option on the Tomahawk handheld separate from Flight Control? Sorry if this is stupid; I don’t have a kit yet.
Correct. They are supposed to get back to me to let me know specifically. Yes its an option in the tomahawk handheld. Not sure about flight control but i dont think.

engineermike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP A10
Not that it’s pertinent, but as far as I know they haven’t added flight control or valet to the 2018+ yet. However, you can swap the iat2 to the “other” iMac connector and it limits power to probably 1/4 and doesn’t register a code.
Sponsored