Stam616

Stam616

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6 51A Mag Gray Metallic
Finally installed some leather..... My "premium" interior is almost complete!
Love it! Curious though, why not a color like red? Will you be coloring the stitching? You're car really does look complete to me and fantastic!
Sponsored

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
1970 Mustang, 1965 AC Cobra, 2023 Ford Bronco 2Dr
Love it! Curious though, why not a color like red? Will you be coloring the stitching? You're car really does look complete to me and fantastic!
I was going to do the katzkin group buy but then I came across these on eBay.... $350 for brand new take offs was just to good to pass up! My plan is to do some kind of accent color with the door panel inserts and side panels of the console. Haven't decided on a color yet but it might be along the lines of white considering my stripes, stitching color, and rear emblem.

shahram72

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shahram
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6 auto Foundry pkg.
zackmd1, did you install it yourself? OR how much did it cost to install? I see you have the Moddiction unit too.

My V6 is in the shop now....
half size crash pic.jpg

Sponsored

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
1970 Mustang, 1965 AC Cobra, 2023 Ford Bronco 2Dr
zackmd1, did you install it yourself? OR how much did it cost to install? I see you have the Moddiction unit too.

My V6 is in the shop now....
Sorry to see that...!

Yes I installed the covers myself. Was not difficult at all to do!

Cmw458

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Shadow black ford mustang ecoboost premium PP
Have any of you with the stock v6 "foundry" wheel thought of powdercoating them?

If so does anyone have any photoshopped pics?

I am picking up a set of take offs for the fall winter months and was thinking of having them painted. Possibly a plum crazy purple or candy teal. Yes I know not everyones taste lol.

11u849k.jpg
wsk5e.jpg

shahram72

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shahram
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6 auto Foundry pkg.
Not as a replacement for the wheels in the lower photo! Those are much better. I like my foundry wheels but I like them stock. The dark grey looks nice with my silver and the machined parts add a little shine. If the vibration is fixed and the car doing well come tire time I may revisit the wheel options. Would love some like in the lower pic! 19" Is perfect if the tire prices come down. I think the 18's are perfect for how I drive.

Duh, read it again. Winter set... yeah, good option. The stock GT wheels will be cheaper and more plentiful and 18" which is better for winter tire choices and they look great in black. Maybe other colors as well...

Sponsored

Cmw458

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lol yeah I love my stock set that came with the car for summer. The foundry wheels I got from a guy that is pretty much giving them away so I figured why not use them to throw some winter tires on seeing as to this is my DD.

ProfessorKel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Mustang GT - California Special
Have any of you with the stock v6 "foundry" wheel thought of powdercoating them?

If so does anyone have any photoshopped pics?

I am picking up a set of take offs for the fall winter months and was thinking of having them painted. Possibly a plum crazy purple or candy teal. Yes I know not everyones taste lol.

11u849k.jpg
wsk5e.jpg

I'm cheap, so I took the plastidip route lol. 4 coats of matte black and and 2 coats glossifier to make it satin.

If you do it with patience, it looks pretty good for a temporary solution. Especially if you want to experiment with different colors and combinations.

Cmw458

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That actually looks really good. I ended up finding a set of the 2012 stock gt wheels though a friend of mine was just trying to clear space. I'm pretty sure they'll fit and if not I'll do what he did and pretty much give them away to someone just to get them out.
11ljw90.jpg

Jon|3.7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15' 3.7 Mustang
just got it from LMR, fast shipping!

i ordered after ford decided to stop making them!
my guess because of the dimple (i could barely see it!)
i tried to get the light on it so you can see

cant wait to put it on!

209nh8n.jpg
Sponsored