Emilbadal

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Emil
Vehicle(s)
2016 V6 Auto DIB
Hi everyone,

I’ve done a lot of research about brake upgrade options for my V6 and I have some conflicting info that’s confusing to me. According to the research that I have done, 4piston brakes from GTs and EBs (Front and rear)are compatible with V6s. The 6 piston Brembos from GT PPs, Bullit and CS are also compatible with V6s as long as you have wheels that would clear the 6pistons. While the GT350R Big brake kits are said to be compatible wit GT and Ecoboosts they’re said that they won’t fit to V6s. In a video from LMR it was said that the knuckle from the V6s is not compatible with the GT350 big brake kit. Now my question is what specifically is different from v6s that makes these incompatible while the base GT brakes are direct bolt-on to V6s. It’s very confusing and I’d greatly appreciate it if someone could shed some light on this topic. I understand that the master cylinder from the base models might not be up to task but physical fitment aspect of the Gt350R kit is the focus of my question.

Thanks in advance
Sponsored

EFI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.Br0
GT350 brakes require different knuckles for all S550s (GT, EB, V6) so if you want those you need to get the whole kit.

GT or PP brakes are good and economical upgrades without changing the whole knuckle.

Falk03

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Falk
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Convertible
I swapped my V6 brakes with the PP brakes (6 piston Brembo in the front, vented discs in the rear). From my point of view this was one of the best upgrades I did to my car. And you can get all the parts for reasonable prices and there is no magic involved. All is a simple bolt-on.

OP
OP

Emilbadal

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Emil
Vehicle(s)
2016 V6 Auto DIB
@EFI will I need to change the front knuckles as well or is it only the rears that the full kit comes with? Thank you so much.
Sponsored