• ATTENTION SELLERS: All users who wish to sell in the marketplace are REQUIRED to abide by the following RULES. If a sales thread/post does not comply, it is subject to DELETION without notice.

ATTENTION BUYERS: If you see a non-compliant sales thread, please REPORT the thread and take CAUTION when transacting.

Rule #1 - Post a picture of the actual item you are selling (NO stock photos).
    Rule #2 - The picture must include a REAL piece of paper with your Username and the Date written on it next to the product you are selling. NO photoshop or digitally edited photos are allowed.
    Rule #3 - NO "feeler" threads are permitted. This section is only for items that are actually available and ready to be sold currently.
    Rule #4 - The listing must include an asking price. OBO (or best offer) is allowed but it must be accompanied by an asking price.
    Rule #5 - No "threadcrapping." Classifieds threads are not meant for negative discussions. Comments on pricing are not allowed. Only people with genuine questions and interest in the item for sale should be posting in the classifieds threads.
Sponsored

Sold: GT350 Used Gen 1 MGW Shifter

5.2 liters of democracy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shane
Vehicle(s)
2017 Avalanche Gray GT350
Absolutely fantastic shifter. They only reason I'm letting it go is because I grabbed the new gen 2 version. This shifter never missed a beat on track and I really can't say enough about it. Hopefully another GT350 owner wants a heavily discounted shifter and will track it hard as well! Asking $230 shipped. No shift knob is included with this as I carried over the gripper knob to the gen 2. I highly recommend MGW's cylindrical gripper knob to pair with this.

If you'd like me to wrap the bottom of the shifter in heat reflective tape, let me know and I'll do so before shipping it out!

20220125_181734.jpg
Sponsored

sk8ermoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 RR GT350 / 2004 LSB M3
I don't know why i'm doing this since I barely drive my car anymore, but I've always wondered how this shifter felt. A couple questions:

1. Where are you located in Southern California? I could pick up if near OC.
2. Do you know of any installers in the area and how much it costs?
3. Is it a huge difference?
4. Again why am I doing this if I'm just happy to drive it once every 2 weeks?

OP
OP
5.2 liters of democracy

5.2 liters of democracy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shane
Vehicle(s)
I don't know why i'm doing this since I barely drive my car anymore, but I've always wondered how this shifter felt. A couple questions:

1. Where are you located in Southern California? I could pick up if near OC.
2. Do you know of any installers in the area and how much it costs?
3. Is it a huge difference?
4. Again why am I doing this if I'm just happy to drive it once every 2 weeks?
1. I'm in the Redlands area but I'm happy to deliver anywhere in the OC.
2. WR Teknica is very familiar with these cars and shouldn't have any issue installing them.
3. It is a massive difference over stock. It has a very bolt action feel to it. Very accurate shifting.
4. Because having these cars makes us contractually obligated to hate money :cwl:

GTIIIL

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT350
I went on MGW's website and they don't list the Tremec shifter for the GT350. Do you know what the differences are between the two? Thanks.

Biggsy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Warren
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT PP, '10 Tundra
I went on MGW's website and they don't list the Tremec shifter for the GT350. Do you know what the differences are between the two? Thanks.

Hope it helps

Sponsored

OP
OP
5.2 liters of democracy

5.2 liters of democracy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shane
Vehicle(s)
They are very different designs as the video above shows. It is a fantastic source for all the changes. I can tell you that between the two, the gen 2 has noticeably less effort when shifting from 3-2 and 4-5. This is likely due to the springless design of the gen 2. The gen 1 has springs that put tension on the shifter to push it back to center whereas the gen 2 uses the force applied by the trans itself.

The gen 2 also sits lower. This is really going to be personal preference, but I slightly prefer where the gen 1 sits since it places the shift knob closer to the steering wheel. That's just what I prefer on track.

Installing the gen 2 shifter itself is a little easier, but getting the supplied rubber isolating boot around the groove MGW has cut into the base is very difficult. This is by far the most annoying part of the process and I would bet that a run-of-the-mill shop would just ignore the installation onto the inner groove and hope you don't ask. I had to have my fiance use her tiny fingers to get it on because I was just cursing at the shifter the whole time. The gen 1 does not have that groove so installing the boot is FAR easier.

GTIIIL

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT350
Is it a noticeable difference between gen 1 and 2? I would say the factory shifter feels pretty bad and makes the trans feel notchy , and is pretty bad around town, but on the track I didn’t notice it as much.

OP
OP
5.2 liters of democracy

5.2 liters of democracy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shane
Vehicle(s)
Is it a noticeable difference between gen 1 and 2? I would say the factory shifter feels pretty bad and makes the trans feel notchy , and is pretty bad around town, but on the track I didn’t notice it as much.
I'd say the only really noticeable difference so far is shifting from third to second, from fourth to fifth, and putting the car in reverse. It takes more effort for all of those in the gen 1. I haven't had the gen 2 on track yet though so my impressions could still change. I have a weekend at Willow Springs coming up so if it hasn't sold by then I'll report back.

galaxy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
That would be my main concern and main question as well…is the Gen 2 a better shifter? Meh, yeah, most likely. Is it worth the upgrade? Guessing not, but would love to hear the experience.
Sponsored