USB player & spotify

UNtamed67

Silver Shadow
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A couple...
Vehicle Showcase
Have a 2015EU Ecoboost with Sync 2 :doh:, but ok have to make the best out of it...

2 Q's.

1) Connecting my iPhone 6 via the USB input only charges. Can' t play any spotify music anymore! It worked fine for 2 years, now it says nothing to playback (or something similar). Phone is recognized as USB playback device in the audio menu.

2) Suppose I manage to make it work again, is there a way to activate spotify automatically instead of the music app (which is empty).
Sponsored

Dr. Norts

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Race Red Mustang GT
Have a 2015EU Ecoboost with Sync 2 :doh:, but ok have to make the best out of it...

2 Q's.

1) Connecting my iPhone 6 via the USB input only charges. Can' t play any spotify music anymore! It worked fine for 2 years, now it says nothing to playback (or something similar). Phone is recognized as USB playback device in the audio menu.

2) Suppose I manage to make it work again, is there a way to activate spotify automatically instead of the music app (which is empty).
Why not connect your phone through Bluetooth and then just stream Spotify to your stereo this way? No cable needed.

I do this with with google music and it works great!

If it worked for 2 years and all of a sudden doesn't work I'm going to go out on a limb and guess apple sent an update which broke something.

OP
OP
UNtamed67

UNtamed67

Silver Shadow
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A couple...
Vehicle Showcase
Yep BT is what I am using now.

But the thing is why did it work and it was like click in lightning cable, auto switch to iPhone and select Spotify app & playlist.
Now I have to select BT as input manually. I'll survive

Only thing that changed is version of Spotify, IOS didn't change.

Any way to make Spotify auto start when BT link has been established with SYNC?

Last edited:

Dr. Norts

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Race Red Mustang GT
Yep BT is what I am using now.

But the thing is why did it work and it was like click in lightning cable, auto switch to iPhone and select Spotify app & playlist.
Now I have to select BT as input manually. I'll survive

Only thing that changed is version of Spotify, IOS didn't change.

Any way to make Spotify auto start when BT link has been established with SYNC?
Not sure about Spotify but with google music I have like 15 devices linked to my phone through Bluetooth. Whenever one of them connects, Google play music starts playing right where it left off last.

Same thing with the stang. Start car, Bluetooth connects and Google music starts where it last left off.

Check your Spotify settings maybe there is something in there like autoplay/auto connect or something. Maybe your blue tooth settings?

I'm not too sure about iPhone though I'm an Android guy. Maybe someone else with an iphone/Spotify combo will chime in.

As a last resort try uninstalling / reinstalling Spotify? Check your phones default action when a USB cable is connected?

Rambl3r

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 PP GT
I had this same issue. I updated my IOS and it started working again just fine.

Sponsored

OP
OP
UNtamed67

UNtamed67

Silver Shadow
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A couple...
Vehicle Showcase
Tried a USB stick and that's working fine. So it's not car related.

Already reinstalled Spotify, that's not it.

Am on IOS 8.4 !! and only consider update to 10.3.2 if JB becomes available. Or maybe wait on 11 as rumors are it's jailbreakable... It worked for nearly 2 years on IOS 8.4...

Will digg a bit deeper in the phone and Spotify's settings.

thx for the tips !

Rambl3r

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 PP GT
Tried a USB stick and that's working fine. So it's not car related.

Already reinstalled Spotify, that's not it.

Am on IOS 8.4 !! and only consider update to 10.3.2 if JB becomes available. Or maybe wait on 11 as rumors are it's jailbreakable... It worked for nearly 2 years on IOS 8.4...

Will digg a bit deeper in the phone and Spotify's settings.

thx for the tips !
FYI - I'm on IOS 10.3.3

15BluStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pat
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium PP1
I have had times were the USB or Bluetooth would not recognize the iPhone. Powering the iPhone down and back up usually corrected the issue. A few times I had to go as far as having sync forget the phone and reconnect it. Also try a different USB lightning cable.

MX5Racer

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.rixclix.com
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Convertible
Get a new cord
Sponsored