Sponsored

UPR Dual Valve Catch can quick release fitting damage during removal. Not having a good day :(

lkeltner

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lance
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP1
Since installing the ESS super charger, I added this Dual Valve Catch Can as well, and it's great, except I have a crank case oil smell in the car when fresh air venting is on and I've been sitting a stoplight for a minute, and then also for 20-30+ minutes in the garage after parking.

Looking at this thread: https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/th...n-emitting-crank-case-odor.71283/post-1626398

It seems that perhaps I have a leak at the fittings going into the can. As they don't have hex wrench spots on them, I popped on a hose and tried to use that to cushion a wrench gripping. I got it to back off a bit, but then destroyed the quick release section. Man, it's been a long time since I just straight up broke a part. With the damage, I doubt I can put the quick release hose back on without tearing the oring. Looks like the car is parked for a bit.

Anyway, I emailed UPR about it requesting to buy just that fitting, along with the proper method to remove/install them so I don't do this again.

If anyone else has recommendations for how to get these off / back on without damage, I'm all ears.

20221204_152523.jpg
Sponsored

OP
OP

lkeltner

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lance
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP1
UPR customer service bats 1000 again! Steve@UPR got back to me and let me know that there is a hex head INSIDE the fitting and you use an allen wrench to remove it. He's getting me replacements sent out.

A+++ would UPR again.

LethalPerformance

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500 CFTP, 2021 Whipple'd F150
UPR customer service bats 1000 again! Steve@UPR got back to me and let me know that there is a hex head INSIDE the fitting and you use an allen wrench to remove it. He's getting me replacements sent out.

A+++ would UPR again.
Great news! Steve the catch can man is great to deal with.
Sponsored