Sponsored

Updated killer chiller content

bankyf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Premium PP1
Kincaid has a cylindrical reservoir tank that I'll most likely attach to the bumper. I believe it holds an additional gallon. I ordered my kit about nine months ago and finally got the last of the parts about 2 months ago after half a dozen phone calls and emails. I have absolutely no motivation to install it. I don't know what happened to Joe. I bought one of the first kits he ever made almost 20 years ago and his customer service was outstanding. He sent me upgraded cores for free as he continued to develop the product, but it still left a lot to be desired back then. I only considered going with one again because the reviews and a conversation with him indicated that the product had come a long way in quality since then.

DougS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP Whipple Stage 2
Primo just watched all the vids, that install looked like it was a real PITA for you! Do you think killer chiller has worked out the issues with the high side yet? Below is the race drag kit not sure if it has the same stuff they sent you originally or not?!?!
rs=w:600,h:600.jpg
Looks like a very well made kit.

Proshop

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Billy
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Mustang GT
Looks like a very well made kit.
All in all it does what it’s supposed to do and not a bad kit at all. It’s the company’s deplorable customer service that everyone has an issue with. Now if the Interchiller can get lower temps then the KC and give great customer service like I’ve heard they can it is definitely worth the extra money and the way to go!

DougS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP Whipple Stage 2
All in all it does what it’s supposed to do and not a bad kit at all. It’s the company’s deplorable customer service that everyone has an issue with. Now if the Interchiller can get lower temps then the KC and give great customer service like I’ve heard they can it is definitely worth the extra money and the way to go!
Il remember that. Thanks

Sponsored

SH!FT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT premium 6MT VB
@bankyf Nice! I can't find one without a tank cap.

Did KC recommend where and how to mount that one? Will likely mount mine under the headlight.

I've been looking at these plastic tanks and fittings on usplastic.com. Unfortunately most of the small tanks and unvented caps are out of stock.

Also found some plastic fuel tanks and meth injection tanks that could work, but I don't trust the caps to not leak.

bankyf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@bankyf Nice! I can't find one without a tank cap.

Did KC recommend where and how to mount that one? Will likely mount mine under the headlight.

I've been looking at these plastic tanks and fittings on usplastic.com. Unfortunately most of the small tanks and unvented caps are out of stock.

Also found some plastic fuel tanks and meth injection tanks that could work, but I don't trust the caps to not leak.
I think he mentioned mounting it to the bumper, but so much time lapsed between ordering and receiving all of the parts (5 or 6 different shipments) that I can't remember. Not sure what I'm going to do. I really have no motivation to install this kit. Nothing about it looks enjoyable.

SH!FT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT premium 6MT VB
If I had to guess, that tank should gravity feed into the Roush reservoir tank.

I should be receiving my kit in the next week. I'm not looking forward to leak testing the AC system.

Sponsored

bankyf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If I had to guess, that tank should gravity feed into the Roush reservoir tank.

I should be receiving my kit in the next week. I'm not looking forward to leak testing the AC system.
Yep, that too... My original KC system that I installed 15 years ago leaked like crazy. Joe acknowledged that was an issue on older kits and that there had been some significant improvements since then. Are you sticking with 1234YF? He also claims cooler temps and less parasitic draw with 134a.

Proshop

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Billy
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Mustang GT
Unfortunately, it wouldn't be legal for them to do otherwise, but it certainly isn't the first time I have heard similar claims.
I definitely don’t need anything illegal done to my car! 😳😜😁 Good knowledge to have thou.

SH!FT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT premium 6MT VB
Yep, that too... My original KC system that I installed 15 years ago leaked like crazy. Joe acknowledged that was an issue on older kits and that there had been some significant improvements since then. Are you sticking with 1234YF? He also claims cooler temps and less parasitic draw with 134a.
Did it leak coolant or refrigerant? I like the clamping method that FI uses better than KC's.

I'm sticking with YF. The high/low couplers for R134a are different. That could get confusing for service.
I just ordered this kit so I can vac test the system before having the shop recharge it.

EDIT**** I'm recharging with R134a. It's colder and cheaper.
Sponsored

Last edited: