Sponsored

upcoming ford Friend & Neighbors promotion up too $2,000 off.

Desert 5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Sonata
I just ran B&P on both X-Plan and Friends and Family and came to the same price. But if Friends and Family is a fixed price with no negotiation, X-Plan should still technically be better at the end of the day since the dealer fees are capped by Ford?
Sponsored

nortoncommando

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Metallic GT PP Premium w/Nav
I just ran B&P on both X-Plan and Friends and Family and came to the same price. But if Friends and Family is a fixed price with no negotiation, X-Plan should still technically be better at the end of the day since the dealer fees are capped by Ford?
I just logged into my Ford Owner account and saw at the very bottom of the home page that it said I have up to $1000 in Private Cash and listed a certificate number.... I sent it to my dealer to see if I can use it. Fingers crossed. You guys should have a look.

Desert 5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Sonata
I just logged into my Ford Owner account and saw at the very bottom of the home page that it said I have up to $1000 in Private Cash and listed a certificate number.... I sent it to my dealer to see if I can use it. Fingers crossed. You guys should have a look.
Just saw it on mine too nortoncommando. Let me know what you hear!

nortoncommando

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just saw it on mine too nortoncommando. Let me know what you hear!
You can use the customer private cash only with the current month's incentives (For me it says up to $1000 but for the Mustang GT it is $750). So, I can't use it with the $500 rebate from Sept. I can use it with this month's $250 rebate (but only if you finance with Ford Credit) -which I'm not doing.

So, essentially I am getting the same agreed price, but instead of the original $500 rebate from Sept that was locked in, I'm getting $750 off in Private Cash. It saves me $250 net.

So did you all see that, the $250 rebate in November is only if you finance with Ford Credit!

Last edited:

nortoncommando

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Its 750 for the mustangs right? I got a certificate of $1,500 but it says not all vehicles qualify for the highest amount.
My Cash was "up to $1000" but my dealer told me that for mine, it's $750 for Mustangs.

Sponsored

Turbong

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 RR EB 6MT PP Recaros
So you can't negotiate with this FN plan? Can you even use the $750 ecert? This looks pretty aweful, costco by itself gives you a better price.

MikeD1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Somewhere along the line I was lead to believe the private cash was on top of any dealer/Ford discounts and/or rebates.
My original negotiated price was basically a few hundred under xplan & I have a $1000 rebate locked in. Just got the $750 in private cash a week or so ago & was expecting to cash in on that as well.

nortoncommando

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So you can't negotiate with this FN plan? Can you even use the $750 ecert? This looks pretty aweful, costco by itself gives you a better price.
Yea you can use it with FN. But, you can't use a rebate from one months incentive program and the private cash from another time period. This is why I can't use septembers $500 rebate and the $750 Private Cash for this month.

PonyGrrrl

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeanne
Vehicle(s)
16 Cadillac ATS V Coupe
Yea you can use it with FN. But, you can't use a rebate from one months incentive program and the private cash from another time period. This is why I can't use septembers $500 rebate and the $750 Private Cash for this month.

Just use X Plan then.

Sent from my iPhone 6s Plus using Tapatalk

OP
OP

ekauqdnal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
camry for now
probably been cover before. which one is better x plan or dealer invoice? or does it come out to the same?

Sponsored

Shmoke

ZSHAUNZ
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shaun
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT w/PP Ruby Red
How did they screw plan buyers?
Many of us were looking forward to a larger rebate, almost everyone on this forum are x plan members...so this sale to us is nothing new. The rebate went from 500 to 250 so many of us were bummed that we could have got a better deal a few days ago. If you are an eaa member, there is an additional 750 for xplan. So xplan is still better than the current offer, it's just that we were hoping the rebate would increase or that there would be a better financing deal.

PonyGrrrl

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeanne
Vehicle(s)
16 Cadillac ATS V Coupe
Many of us were looking forward to a larger rebate, almost everyone on this forum are x plan members...so this sale to us is nothing new. The rebate went from 500 to 250 so many of us were bummed that we could have got a better deal a few days ago. If you are an eaa member, there is an additional 750 for xplan. So xplan is still better than the current offer, it's just that we were hoping the rebate would increase or that there would be a better financing deal.

But if you used X plan your locked in on any rebates in affect at the time of order and all dealer fees are capped. In addition you can join EAA and request the $750 x plan certificate which can be stacked on top of incentives. Not sure it stacks on top of private cash. Really x plan buyers aren't getting screwed on anything.

Teledatageek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Vert with PP
But if you used X plan your locked in on any rebates in affect at the time of order and all dealer fees are capped. In addition you can join EAA and request the $750 x plan certificate which can be stacked on top of incentives. Not sure it stacks on top of private cash. Really x plan buyers aren't getting screwed on anything.

Is there a waiting period for joining EAA and to get that coupon?

dwroth

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 CO GT Prem w/PP
That doesn't come anywhere near "getting screwed" in my book.

nortoncommando

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Make sure you pay attention to the $250 rebate this month...

You have to finance through Ford Credit to get it. If you pay cash or finance elsewhere, you get no rebate. (unless you locked in a rebate from a previous month.)
Sponsored