Sponsored

Unemployment taxes... how do you not know?

Whitest Russian

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium
The main reason drugs are so expensive is from development and regulatory costs.

Can't do much with development costs but regulatory costs can be greatly reduced. Look at the Covid Vaccine.
lol

Drug prices in America are so expensive because they can be and for no other reason. Insulin was first made over a century ago and can still cost 100s of dollars for a months supply in the US while in every other country it's available for pennies.

Just look at everyone's favorite Pharma-Bro, Shkreli, he decided to raise the price of Daraprim from $17.5/tablet to $750/tablet because he could. There was no development/regulatory cost he needed to recoup he just wanted to be greedy.

American tax dollars fund a huge portion of the development cost of drugs anyway so we're paying for drugs 2x more than we need to but at least it owns the libs somehow so worth it.
Sponsored

Sivi70980

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT PP1 M6
The majority of Gen X are raised by "the greatest Generation" Just like the majority of Millenials were raised by Boomers. There is overlap, but there is for every generation.

But if you look at the research data on Millenials being Narcissists vs Gen X and Boomers, they are only 1-2pts from Gen X which is 1-2 pts from Boomers on a 40pt scale. But the difference is that when measured and told they classify narcissistic Gen X is more likely than Boomers to respond and ask how they can correct that, and Millenials are even more likely to ask how to correct it. So, in the broad scope yes, "technically" each generation is slightly worse. But each generation is also more interested in how to fix themselves than the previous.

I mean looking back every generation goes through the same phases of Leaving home-> rebellious, wanting to change the world, then late-stage capitalism once they start to realize they need retirement money. Each generation also have a diminishing view on being willing to just step on people to make more money as well. I'm all for being rich and making billions off a great idea. But when you're Walmart and making Billions while also using MY taxes to subsidize your full-time working employees, I have a HUGE issue with that. Just like I have an issue with Pharma's charging so much for drugs that it's just preventing people that need it to have access to it or need to subsidize their access to it with taxpayer government assistance. Is it legal? Sure. But I find it morally wrong that people will do this and still claim to have religious values. If you're willing to take my taxes, and/or allow people to die because you want to make 250million instead of "just" 175 million while making it more accessible, I don't view you any better than the guy selling heroine on a corner. Hell, the guy on the corner is more likely to be NEEDING the money to put food in mouths than the Pharma owner is, and likely is responsible for less deaths.
I also believe in spankings. Not everyone learns the same and some are better with time outs or conversations but I was one that responded better to spankings. Mom would put me on time out and after being set free I would do the same dumb stuff again. Dad would take me to the garage and whoop that ass and I would never do the same things again. Mom ran a day care out of the house so I got to see all sorts of examples of discipline and how they worked or didn't. Friends that have kids have a hell of a time because they don't raise a hand only their voice. Give those kids a good whoopen and they should straighten out. That all coupled with YouTube kids constantly one upping each other and we're left with really shitty people that don't respect anything or anyone. Those same people expecting free stuff. Send some snow flakes to a war zone to at least truly open their "woke" eyes and they'll be better for it. I mainly have these opinions because I came out of Iraq and Afghanistan a very much better and more productive person even if the cost was some trauma.

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
Drug prices in America are so expensive because they can be and for no other reason. Insulin was first made over a century ago and can still cost 100s of dollars for a months supply in the US while in every other country it's available for pennies.
A lot of that is due to bulk buying.

It is not a simple cut and dry situation, but regulatory costs are up there. If it costs me billions to develop a drug I need to make my money back or I go out of business.

Whitest Russian

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium
A lot of that is due to bulk buying.

It is not a simple cut and dry situation, but regulatory costs are up there. If it costs me billions to develop a drug I need to make my money back or I go out of business.
And those billions are subsidized.

Sponsored

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
That is a political rag. Got anything from .gov or the budget office or hell even the Wall street journal.

Whitest Russian

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium
That is a political rag. Got anything from .gov or the budget office or hell even the Wall street journal.
How is it a political rag? If you got triggered by the first sentence you should be aware that facts don't care about your feelings. And all of the things you asked for are available as sources linked below the article.

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
I read the piece. Typical hit job with no actual proof. Just "they get to write off advertising and other expenses" so do all business.

Are some drug prices too high?" probably but I'm glad they are available. Sooner or later the price will come down. If the Congress would allow Medicaid to bulk buy drugs the per unit cost would come down, like in other Countries.

If the drug companies don't make a priffit, they go out of business and no more medicines for anyone.

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
I think I read now people don’t have to pay taxes on new stimulus unemployment money
Could be wrong

Sponsored

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase