Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Race Red GT PP Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
So around £50 more than Mike at Modurstang
I think what I really liked about the Raptor stuff was that it is like rubber, so can breathe and stuff will just bounce off of it. Also have known Mike for a few years and know he only deals with the Best stuff around.
So this stuff is rock hard?
To answer your question it's a thick bronze waxy substance not a hard rubberised coating like the raptor stuff.

The guy who did it also told me a bit more about the factory condition when I collected the car. He said some box sections and the doors are waxed internally to various degrees. Others are not at all. The underside is a mix of bare uncoated metal, primer, race red paint, and black Belgium rubberised paint. In summary it's not consistently good or bad and fairly typical of Australian, American or Japanese imports where they either don't use salt or build down to a price.

One thing I have noticed since is the car is quieter as I suppose the wax adds a layer of soundproofing and damping. This is especially true when you run over the crest of the road and kick up the loose material. No more "pings" as stones bounce off the floor pan.
Sponsored

willisit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Monaro, DeLorean, Viva, S5, 600F
Modurstang is the same cost; £450+VAT - so £540 (or thereabouts). At least, that's what I've been quoted :)

RandyStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
Muscle Car Lover
Thought I’d bring this one back on the radar haha

I just took delivery of a brand new Edge Vignale (still got my GT so I am allowed to mention this haha) and decided to take a look underneath to see if the dreaded underseal saga had been repeated on these models as well.

To my surprise and delight, the cars underside looks just like you would expect for a Euro built car… Not a hint of a half attempt spray job from Belgium as was the case on the early Mustangs coming into the country.

Not sure what the case is on the later Stangs coming across but an interesting comparison…

Ritchie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Any old shite.
Thought I’d bring this one back on the radar haha

I just took delivery of a brand new Edge Vignale (still got my GT so I am allowed to mention this haha) and decided to take a look underneath to see if the dreaded underseal saga had been repeated on these models as well.

To my surprise and delight, the cars underside looks just like you would expect for a Euro built car… Not a hint of a half attempt spray job from Belgium as was the case on the early Mustangs coming into the country.

Not sure what the case is on the later Stangs coming across but an interesting comparison…
I just got mine 2 months ago and it appears to be no better protected than the early ones. :(

willisit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Monaro, DeLorean, Viva, S5, 600F
I just got mine 2 months ago and it appears to be no better protected than the early ones. :(
It won't be; this is just Mustang thing. It has its own factory and process; every other car Ford makes will follow more standard practice. Whilst the Edge might be a US model (or originated there) it's more likely to be like a Focus underneath than a GT.

Sponsored

V8_MOTOR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY17 S550 Mustang GT (EURO)
Mine is about 7 weeks old now and I can still confirm the underselling is a pile of crap. They undersealed the parts that shouldn't have been sealed I.e. The stock exhaust ONLY. What a joke.

Snap On Pete

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
S550GT 2017MY Grabber Blue
Sorry to resurrect this thread...

Just wondered if ANYONE did in fact get Fords to cough up and get there car under sealed...I guess not> Despite ALL the threats to punch them in the face lol..!

Coming from a background of Classic Mustangs....(`67 Fastback 302ci)...its quite amusing..As everyone wants to REMOVE the black shit off the underside of their classic cars.. and have seen owners gone to extreme lengths to get all the crap off and return to the original red primer look.
There is one member who springs to mind, who would not even consider buying a classic, if its got underseal on..and has walked away from deals...!

I guess it hides up a magnitude of corrosion...and would be better to actually see whats happening underneath..and to address it..

I am in this mindset to actually leave as is...and just have a good wash underneath occasionally..

goldengooner

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Larry
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2016 California Special Convertible
Sorry to resurrect this thread...

Just wondered if ANYONE did in fact get Fords to cough up and get there car under sealed...I guess not> Despite ALL the threats to punch them in the face lol..!

Coming from a background of Classic Mustangs....(`67 Fastback 302ci)...its quite amusing..As everyone wants to REMOVE the black shit off the underside of their classic cars.. and have seen owners gone to extreme lengths to get all the crap off and return to the original red primer look.
There is one member who springs to mind, who would not even consider buying a classic, if its got underseal on..and has walked away from deals...!

I guess it hides up a magnitude of corrosion...and would be better to actually see whats happening underneath..and to address it..

I am in this mindset to actually leave as is...and just have a good wash underneath occasionally..
A couple of people did Pete, one even got Mike to do it, take off all the Ford crap and put on the Raptor stuff. But I think that cost Ford so much, that only happened once.
It's funny my ex S197 never had Underseal, and the US and Canadian cars are Not Undersealed. But I did get mine done by Mike, as this is a brand new car

dwaine dibbley

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 5.0 Coupe 2016
I had mine done at TrustFord Warrington where I bought it from, took it back a couple of weeks after delivery last May. I had gone in expecting a fight after all the nightmares various people had gone through reading the posts on the forum.

They put it up on the ramps in the bodyshop to inspect and take pictures, I also went in to have a look underneath, there were large patches towards the sills that hadn’t had anything applied by the monkeys in Zeebrugge, and large patches where underseal clearly wasn’t needed (exhaust, prop etc).

Anyway, after pictures and inspection had taken place, car was put back outside and the bodyshop manager said there and then they could do it, before pics were submitted to Ford, it went in the following week to be done, got a little Fiesta courtesy car, wasn’t bothered about being supplied with a similar sort of car. I asked them to take pics of the job before/after, they even photographed the various plastic panels from underneath that were removed.

Very happy, can’t complain. I don’t think it was up to the standard that Modurstang would have done, but after spending £40k I didn’t fancy paying out for something that Ford should have got right from the start.

Cobra699

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carl
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Yep, mine was done by trustford Epsom before i picked it up.

Sponsored

SteveS

...Bon Scott Land...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Magnetic
For the benefit of anyone who didn't eat, sleep and breathe this thread the first time round its worth remembering that the car comes with a long warranty against corrosion/perforation that could be invalidated by dodgy third-party undersealing.
I'm not running down anyone's work so don't flame me; merely pointing it out. I personally got a quote that was so cheap I decided not to bother ;)

goldengooner

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Larry
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2016 California Special Convertible
For the benefit of anyone who didn't eat, sleep and breathe this thread the first time round its worth remembering that the car comes with a long warranty against corrosion/perforation that could be invalidated by dodgy third-party undersealing.
I'm not running down anyone's work so don't flame me; merely pointing it out. I personally got a quote that was so cheap I decided not to bother ;)
If you are willing to pay a fair price for a whole days work, to Top people then you will be fine. The person who went to Mike and had his redone, told Ford where he was going and they agreed to pay the cost