Sponsored

Underhood Insulator - Anything Nicer than Stock?

CF-105

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Erik
Vehicle(s)
2019 Dark Highland Green Bullitt
Just curious if anyone makes a nicer then stock underhood insulator. Nothing wrong with the stock one, but I’ve seen nicer ones for earlier generations.
Sponsored

OP
OP

CF-105

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Erik
Vehicle(s)
2019 Dark Highland Green Bullitt
Just giving this a bump.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
What exactly are you looking for in terms of "nicer"?

Do you mean one with the Mustang pony embedded into it?

You could try making the Mustang pony in the size you need using dense foam, center it on your existing hood liner to see how it would set/look.

Once you're satisfied with the look, remove the hood liner, place it on a flat surface, glue the Mustang pony to it - then wrap the entire hood liner with another material so that once wrapped tight, you see the impression of the Mustang.

You don't have to use a Mustang logo, you could do the above with ANY type of logo or design elements. I've seen plenty of hood liners similar to the above suggestion at car shows, or seen in online pics etc.

Let your imagination run wild.

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
Thickness wise you haven't got much room to play with (if you have the strut brace).

If you fit the ford strut brace on a RHD you need 8mm spacers which they supply with the brace (unless you grind the brace to clear the RHD bulkhead brace).

Those 8mm spacers are just enough to cause the hood blanket to rub on the brace plaque (I guess there is an element of tolerance from car to car).

Long story short - if you add any addiotnal thickness to your hood blanket just keep an eye on your brace (and hood blanket) for wear.

In addition (and at least in the UK), the hood blankets are crazy money (£325 +20% tax) - that might make it even more unlikely that someone would tool up to offer an after market replacement.

WD :like:

Vert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Whipped 19 GT Premium
What's a hood liner? Mine been gone for 2 years lol.
Sponsored

Last edited: