Sponsored

Unable to service car at the moment?

FMJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Coupe
I appreciate that there are many bigger problems in the world right now, but is anyone else having trouble getting your service done? My car is still under warranty and due the second year service last month. My local dealer has chosen to close and states they have petitioned Ford to honour warranty claims, but the longer it goes on the less happy I am about not changing the oil.

My mileage is low so I’m sure it will be fine but it’s the biggest investment in my life...

Anyone else having this issue or is is business as usual at other dealers?
Sponsored

hinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sideways
do it yourself ? a simple oil and filter change can be done on a drive way and requires no special skills or knowledge just a jack, a socket for the sump plug and something to catch the oil in + a little patience

OP
OP
FMJ

FMJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Coupe
do it yourself ? a simple oil and filter change can be done on a drive way and requires no special skills or knowledge just a jack, a socket for the sump plug and something to catch the oil in + a little patience
Yeah certainly could do that with but it’s all about the warranty for me. Plus I purchased a brand new car with the specific aim of not working on it myself after years of doing just that . Plus it’s another expense when i will still have to do the £280 service afterwards anyway....

hinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sideways
you won't lose warranty for doing a self oil change and it'll give you piece of mind until garages open again to do the work.

failing that take it to a local garage rather than a ford branded main dealer as long as they're vat registered and stamp your book your warranty remains intact, it'll be cheaper than a ford dealership, it'll be better workmanship and many are still open for key worker cars.

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Mustang V8 GT, Ford Kuga PHEV
I appreciate that there are many bigger problems in the world right now, but is anyone else having trouble getting your service done? My car is still under warranty and due the second year service last month. My local dealer has chosen to close and states they have petitioned Ford to honour warranty claims, but the longer it goes on the less happy I am about not changing the oil.

My mileage is low so I’m sure it will be fine but it’s the biggest investment in my life...

Anyone else having this issue or is is business as usual at other dealers?
Emergency only work at my local dealer Elkins Ford in Westbury who I would recommend to somebody in Wiltshire as you are. Luckily mine was done the week before shutdown. I don't think a short delay will matter considering the circumstances. You could ring Elkins and leave a message - they are open on Thursdays for emergency work (maybe other days too) and the owner is a top bloke, loves his Fords and competes in rally's in the UK.

Sponsored

marks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Race Red Manual
It won't affect your warranty if you go over the time period while this virus thing is ongoing, just don't go over the specified mileage

Charlie Brown

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17MY Mustang GT Auto Race Red Custom Pack
I had the same problem so had my 3rd service done at Modurstang and had the oil cooler mod done at the same time

OP
OP
FMJ

FMJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Coupe
Yeah I don’t want to trust any random mechanic (to be honest I only trust me) but the guys I use at Hendy performance (part of Hendy Ford Eastleigh) are very good. They only work on the mustangs and ST’s so it’s not the usual main dealer lot working on it.

If it were just standard ford dealer service levels I would be happy going elsewhere but Hendy are a step above that. I may look to use modurstang as above, as they have a good rep. There is also the mustang workshop who I used for my S197.... will look into it.

Andy13186

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT 10speed Aluminator Whippled
Check your oil level and top it off atleast. If its full of good full synthetic you should be ok for a while. How many miles on the oil and what type of oil?

Pilgrim/uk

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Vehicle(s)
GT Yellow
Luckily got mine done just before lock down started

Sponsored

Enoch

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
Guard 5.0 (Auto) Fastback, Saddle Leather
After being quoted ÂŁ550+ Vat for my 4th year service.. I got of my bum and did it myself..

Garvin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ruby Red Mustang GT
I have the Ford extended warranty on mine and the dealer 'cancelled' my service the day before it was scheduled! On querying the effect on the warranty the dealer provided the following:

" Ford normally allow an additional 1 month or 1,000 miles (whichever occurs first) over and above their scheduled servicing guidelines. However, in light of such exceptional circumstances, the 1 month tolerance is suspended however the mileage guideline remains at 1,000 miles. Customers who had an outstanding service booking prior to our dealership closures will be re-booked as a priority once it is safe for our dealerships to re-open. Should a warranty-related concern arise, we would liaise with Ford directly, particularly if we were unable to fulfill your intended service booking."

I'm well within the mileage 'allowance' and highly unlikely to exceed it unless they don't reopen before next year!

v8hgt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Race Red GT PP Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
If there's one good thing to come out of this lock down its that more people will take to the tools and perform the basic services themselves. I normally take the wife's BMW to a stealer as its still in warranty and I want the virtual stamp, but I service our other cars myself. The BMW dealer being closed has just saved me approx ÂŁ120.
Just have to store the old oil at home until the dump reopens.

OP
OP
FMJ

FMJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Coupe
Thanks for all the input guys.

I have booked in with Modurstang on Tuesday and it’s £100 cheaper then Ford so all good.

Yes I’m all for DIY as I have just finished a complete nut and bolt rebuild of a track Impreza but as mentioned I want to keep my warranty while I can. After that I will be back to DIY and getting rid of the stock cooler in the process.

hinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sideways
Thanks for all the input guys.

I have booked in with Modurstang on Tuesday and it’s £100 cheaper then Ford so all good.

Yes I’m all for DIY as I have just finished a complete nut and bolt rebuild of a track Impreza but as mentioned I want to keep my warranty while I can. After that I will be back to DIY and getting rid of the stock cooler in the process.
tbh knowing what i know now i'd have lost my warranty much sooner for the peace of mind of good quality service by people with a clue.
Sponsored