Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
You will own nothing and be happy
completely right. i didn't buy a 992 Turbo because it sounds like crap. now i guess i'll buy a Taycan Turbo and I guess it's okay if i accelerate to 60 in 2 seconds because it's an EV.

GR11M

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Graham
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
This only really applies to 4 bangers with those fake fart tunes that got off after every 3k shift.

OP
OP
2021 Mach 1

2021 Mach 1

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
This only really applies to 4 bangers with those fake fart tunes that got off after every 3k shift.
I disagree. The shop was caught because the authorities pretended to be a customer. They went for an overrun tune and cat delete. Maybe next week they visit another shop and ask for an H pipe. Remember, any mod to an exhaust that makes it louder is not permitted.

Sponsored

GR11M

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Graham
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
I disagree. The shop was caught because the authorities pretended to be a customer. They went for an overrun tune and cat delete. Maybe next week they visit another shop and ask for an H pipe. Remember, any mod to an exhaust that makes it louder is not permitted.
I'm kinda glad, I fit my own mods 😂

RoryS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rory
Vehicle(s)
18 plate pre-FL Ruby Red GT
This subject has been covered before a fair few times now. If you drive around flooring it and making a total racket then fully expect to get pulled regardless of the car you're driving, but I don't know anyone who's been pulled over purely because the police suspected excessive noise while they were driving in a normal manner. Frankly the police have got better things to be doing than hunting down every noisy exhaust in the country and most officers I've encountered would back that statement up. Just don't drive like a dick and if your exhaust hasn't got a quiet mode, just try to keep the revs down and they'll usually leave you alone. I suspect any enforcement will be aimed at garages openly advertising catalytic converter/DPF/GPF removal or pop and bang maps and not making it explicitly clear that it makes the car illegal for road use, not just a blanket ban on modifying your car. The aftermarket industry is too large and too expensive, and shutting it down would put more people out of work than the government's willing to support, so I don't think anything will change as long as you can pass an MOT

raptor17GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Manual 2017
This subject has been covered before a fair few times now. If you drive around flooring it and making a total racket then fully expect to get pulled regardless of the car you're driving, but I don't know anyone who's been pulled over purely because the police suspected excessive noise while they were driving in a normal manner. Frankly the police have got better things to be doing than hunting down every noisy exhaust in the country and most officers I've encountered would back that statement up. Just don't drive like a dick and if your exhaust hasn't got a quiet mode, just try to keep the revs down and they'll usually leave you alone. I suspect any enforcement will be aimed at garages openly advertising catalytic converter/DPF/GPF removal or pop and bang maps and not making it explicitly clear that it makes the car illegal for road use, not just a blanket ban on modifying your car. The aftermarket industry is too large and too expensive, and shutting it down would put more people out of work than the government's willing to support, so I don't think anything will change as long as you can pass an MOT
pretty much this. Removing CATS is always a dodgy move unless it's an import from pre mid 1990's. Folks banging off the limiter in built up areas or hoofing it down the main road / car parks has always got attention so it's not news. I just wish the cops paid as much attention to the idiots driving under the speed limit but clearly without any and attention being paid.

MarkM

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
It’s also being reported by Auto express, they just make shit up constantly, the daily mail of car mags

OP
OP
2021 Mach 1

2021 Mach 1

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
I think it's up to each person to drive how they want, and so noise cameras and police driving about are not really a big deal. However, covertly targeting mod shops is something different. Any mod to a factory exhaust system which makes it louder is not permitted. Will the Market Surveillance Unit of the DVSA next go to a shop and ask for an H pipe? I know you can still do loads of non exhaust mods, which will continue. However, I do worry about some of the more popular exhaust mods.

Sponsored

raptor17GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Manual 2017
maybe the shop was doing other dodgy stuff and the pops and bangs was an easy take down. Point being, drive nice in traffic and you'll be fine.

Silver Dragon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
GT 5.0 mannual
maybe the shop was doing other dodgy stuff and the pops and bangs was an easy take down. Point being, drive nice in traffic and you'll be fine.
Yes indeed the boys in blue will be busy instead looking for hate speech on social media!
Sponsored