The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Soon guys, very soon! if i was in your shoes i'm sure i'd be running around like a giddy child... oh wait

benanderson89

Hooneriffic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Just had a call from my dealer.

"The EDD hasn't changed from the 9th of April and its still showing at the US docks. I'm off tomorrow but I'll give you a call on Wednesday with any updates."

I told him that it is NOT at Baltimore and has already been unloaded at Zeebrugge. I can type in my VIN and see it right now.

His response?

"Oh, it must not have been scanned into our systems yet."

Maybe that's why so many cars have been arriving "early" - Ford's internal systems are slow as hell to update. The system comes up with a lengthy EDD because it thinks its still in the USA.

This makes me even more hopeful for a March 16th delivery. Still being cautious though, got my Insurer on speed dial if I need to ask questions about changing my car two weeks into the policy.

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
My car didn't appear at Baltimore until a week after it was actually there, (Confirmed arrival 15/02 by Deysha, left 14/02), didn't show up on systems at balti till w/c 22/02 (Week after). Ford systems are slow to update, i'm sure we all knew that.

And in an update to my own case, I now have my dealers email, oh how he's going to regret that... :lol:

StarWarsJez

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Merc C240

"The EDD hasn't changed from the 9th of April and its still showing at the US docks. I'm off tomorrow but I'll give you a call on Wednesday with any updates."

I told him that it is NOT at Baltimore and has already been unloaded at Zeebrugge. I can type in my VIN and see it right now.

His response?

Maybe that's why so many cars have been arriving "early" - Ford's internal systems are slow as hell to update. The system comes up with a lengthy EDD because it thinks its still in the USA.

This makes me even more hopeful for a March 16th delivery. Still being cautious though, got my Insurer on speed dial if I need to ask questions about changing my car two weeks into the policy.

Its funny (but a bit crap really) that we know more about whats going on than the dealers do :headbang:

Sponsored

Heretian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ex GT in TY. Now GT Shadow in RR
Still waiting on a window sticker. VIN received 16/02 and no build date yet... Hoping for next week but who knows. Might have to pop Stacey a chase which I keep telling myself I am not going to do as I need to be patient.

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Its funny (but a bit crap really) that we know more about whats going on than the dealers do :headbang:
Probably should write a guide for them shouldn't we 'How to track cars - by M6G' :lol:

Big_G

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Fastback

His response?

Vista is always wrong, usually 7 days behind sometimes even 2 weeks. Mine was still showing compound in at Zeebrugge while I was checking it over at the dealership.

benanderson89

Hooneriffic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vista is always wrong, usually 7 days behind sometimes even 2 weeks. Mine was still showing compound in at Zeebrugge while I was checking it over at the dealership.
Dealer: "I'm sorry sir, but your car is still in Belgium"
You: "YOU'RE STANDING RIGHT NEXT TO IT!"

:lol:

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Dealer: "I'm sorry sir, but your car is still in Belgium"
You: "YOU'RE STANDING RIGHT NEXT TO IT!"

:lol:
More likely the dealer calling him like

Dealer: "Hi sir we're currently PDIng a mustang ill get back to you soon, I believe yours is still in Baltimore"
You: "That is my Mustang!"

Sponsored

jord79

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
[MENTION=13479]benanderson89[/MENTION], which dealership are you with?