Sponsored

UK Mustang delivery

Eclipsar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NFG Mustang GT
Well the good news is my baby is waiting to be shipped to the docks :)

On a side note I see my build date has jumped by a week on etis:cool:
Sponsored

Lone Survivor

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Priscilla McMustang GT Ruby Team DS
Unless it's going for the transatlantic speed record, it hasn't done it in 3 days, it would have to average over 59mph :lol:

At around 19knots average speed, it'll only just be around 1/2 way, according to my basic calculations

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Chances are, it's not in Zeebrugge, too much hope, starting to sound like me now! It'll arrive there on time, if not a day before if you're lucky and the wind gets in it's sails and captain jack makes the right turns on that big wooden wheel of his...

THISELDO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Eco-Boost Tri Yellow FastBack
Congrats, bet that was a surprise, pleased to hear they got it up from Southampton nice and quick, look forward to seeing the photos
HI People
just an update from last weeks surprise of my vehicle arriving early, today i emailed the garage to ask if we are a go for pickup tomorrow and guess what!! see below for the response. gutted, they show me the goods and now make me suffer :paddle:

As expected because of the vehicles going out over the next week I won’t be able to get it through until the following week. Unfortunately I had slots booked for around the 19th of March (when your was expected) but it’s been significantly quicker. I am trying to get it done sooner but unfortunately it will be a little longer a wait.

Sponsored

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
HI People
just an update from last weeks surprise of my vehicle arriving early, today i emailed the garage to ask if we are a go for pickup tomorrow and guess what!! see below for the response. gutted, they show me the goods and now make me suffer :paddle:

As expected because of the vehicles going out over the next week I won’t be able to get it through until the following week. Unfortunately I had slots booked for around the 19th of March (when your was expected) but it’s been significantly quicker. I am trying to get it done sooner but unfortunately it will be a little longer a wait.
Your dealer/whoever you spoke to sounds like an absolute idiot.

SteveS

...Bon Scott Land...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Magnetic
To be fair to the dealer (!) he's probably under a mountain of Fiestas and Mondeos this week which no doubt makes as much for the dealership as a Mustang. I'm a big fan of the very British queuing and wouldn't want someone else bumped to make way for me, as I wouldn't want bumped to make way for someone else.

Must be torture for you though :thumbdown:

slowhand99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Vert Race Red ord 26/03/15 del 24/03/16
Believe you me, he is more than just a idiot :spam::spam::spam::spam:
Just be grateful he didn't put it through today on a '65 plate starting your tax early, then phoning up to be congratulated. I'm sure mine would have. He's confidently predicting a March build for mine. The car is in Zeebrugge!

Jimboy2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda Mx5 :(
To be fair to the dealer (!) he's probably under a mountain of Fiestas and Mondeos this week which no doubt makes as much for the dealership as a Mustang. I'm a big fan of the very British queuing and wouldn't want someone else bumped to make way for me, as I wouldn't want bumped to make way for someone else.

Must be torture for you though :thumbdown:
Yeah this. I don't see why he's an idiot? What makes your car more important than someone else's? He's told you the day he's booked it in to be picked up. It's not his fault it's early.

Sponsored
OP
OP
stevec

stevec

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT!!
HI People

AHGG Gutting.
Unfortunately, having worked in car sales I get the guys predicament. Even if he was prepared to stay on late and deliver you car, the chances of him getting the PDI and the admin done are nil!

It could not have arrived at a worse time and I bet his heart sunk when he saw it on the transporter. At least he told you. I would have been tempter to hide it and tell you sometime next week!

Keep us updated.

jord79

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I wonder how long all those other customers have waited for their fiestas and mondeos?

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Quite something to see a dealer prioritising other cars over the Mustang, agreed he will have organised it with them, but it's absurd to put a customer 'second' to another, the handover probably wont take too long as most dealers are pretty clueless - someone else can do the handover #facepalm

SteveS

...Bon Scott Land...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Magnetic
Quite something to see a dealer prioritising other cars over the Mustang, agreed he will have organised it with them, but it's absurd to put a customer 'second' to another, the handover probably wont take too long as most dealers are pretty clueless - someone else can do the handover #facepalm
People order cars for delivery on new registration day. With a bog-standard Mondeo that's achievable at fairly short notice, certainly by comparison with the Mustang. So the dealer knows what's coming in and on what date and will schedule their staff time accordingly and the new owner will be told their collection date. I'd be surprised if they weren't pulling overtime already to prepare cars for March 1st, but maybe not. Then a car arrives three weeks early. I'm sure they'd love to fit it in but it's not always going to be possible. In this case it sucks but I find it entirely understandable.
Having spent months b1tchin about Ford not building cars in the correct order it would be fairly hypocritical of me to expect them to slot in a Mustang at the expense of someone else's dream motor.
Sponsored