Vlad Soare

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vlad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
Hi,

I'm just curious about what engine sound enhancements (if any) are used in the S550, and here's what I could gather so far:

1. Ecoboost - fake (synthesized) sound through the speakers.
2. GT - plastic tubing connected to the firewall, to bring more of the engine's natural sound into the cabin. Nothing whatsoever is coming through the speakers.
3. Bullit - the same tubing as the GT, plus selective active noise cancellation through the speakers, to cut down some very specific frequencies from the engine's natural sound. No extra (fake) sound is generated.

Is this correct?
Sponsored

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
#1 and #2 are correct for sure. As for #3, AFAIK the Bullit is the same as the GT, no active noise cancelling.

Zooks527

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 KB GT, 401A, 6MT, PP1, S&S, MR, AE, B&O / 2005 Toyota Tacoma
# 1 is incomplete. The Ecoboost has a microphone above the rear headliner used to provide active noise cancellation in addition to sound enhancement.

#2 is correct.

#3 is incorrect. Both the Bullitt and the GT350 use fake sound through the speakers and neither uses active sound cancellation.

For more information, see this post: https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/th...re-is-fake-exhaust-noise.120697/#post-2525639
in this thread: https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/th...wer-on-if-there-is-fake-exhaust-noise.120697/

OP
OP
Vlad Soare

Vlad Soare

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vlad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
I see. So the GT is practically the only one that doesn't do anything with the speakers, neither adding to nor subtracting from the natural sound?

Zooks527

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 KB GT, 401A, 6MT, PP1, S&S, MR, AE, B&O / 2005 Toyota Tacoma
I see. So the GT is practically the only one that doesn't do anything with the speakers, neither adding to nor subtracting from the natural sound?
That is correct, but I will state that I have seen nothing either way concerning the GT500.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Vlad Soare

Vlad Soare

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vlad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
I'm a bit worried. My GT has finally appeared on Etis, and here's what I see:

Screenshot 2020-07-23 at 08.29.52.png

OK, so it won't have the active noise cancellation, which is only to be expected since only Ecoboosts are supposed to have that.
But what's the 'digitial [sic] audio broadcasting'? That does sound like fake sound pumped through the speakers to me.
It doesn't seem to refer to the sound tube, because there's nothing digital about that.
Could they have made a change to the 2020 MY and added the fake sound to the GTs as well?

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
I'm a bit worried. My GT has finally appeared on Etis, and here's what I see:

Screenshot 2020-07-23 at 08.29.52.png

OK, so it won't have the active noise cancellation, which is only to be expected since only Ecoboosts are supposed to have that.
But what's the 'digitial [sic] audio broadcasting'? That does sound like fake sound pumped through the speakers to me.
It doesn't seem to refer to the sound tube, because there's nothing digital about that.
Could they have made a change to the 2020 MY and added the fake sound to the GTs as well?
I do not think you have anything to be concerned about.

https://www.fcc.gov/media/policy/digital-audio-broadcasting-dab

OP
OP
Vlad Soare

Vlad Soare

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vlad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
:facepalm:
I didn't think of that. I know what DAB is, but I'm so used to seeing it referred to by its acronym that I didn't recognise its complete name. :D :blush:
But the 'ICE' thing is confusing. It seems to suggest that it has something to do with the engine.

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
:facepalm:
I didn't think of that. I know what DAB is, but I'm so used to seeing it referred to by its acronym that I didn't recognise its complete name. :D :blush:
But the 'ICE' thing is confusing. It seems to suggest that it has something to do with the engine.
ICE = Internal Combustion Engine

Sponsored

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
Exactly. So what does the DAB have to do with it? :blush:
That's a very good question. It doesn't make sense unless this ICE is some other acronym regarding the audio system.

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual

Billy1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
The "ICE" reference in the above document is a British thing:

ICE- In car entertainment
ICE-Internal Combustion Engine: popularized by Formula 1 racing. Goes with MGU and HGU
Also,
ICE=Immigration & Customs Enforcement.

But the most important "ICE" is: The solution for when you say "My drink is too hot".