Sponsored

Two Heritage Edition Questions (Badge Removal & Shelby Inlay)

NPTR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT350R HEP
OK guys - tried searching both first but not finding what I'm lookin for...so here goes! Two quick cosmetic questions for anyone with a Heritage Edition 350...

1. Since the HEP has the 350 badging in vinyl on the side, I can't help but feel like the metal GT350 badge is redundant, and is starting to look a little silly to me given they are legitimately on top of each other. Feels like it would look cleaner with the metal badge removed (but only on the HEP...I think it looks good otherwise!). Anyone do this, and if so, can you post a pic? For the purists, don't worry...if I do this, I will purchase two new OEM badges to have in storage, if needed in the future :)

2. I am generally not a fan of vinyl inlays in the SHELBY logo on the front lip / chin spoiler, but I can't help but feel like it would look cool to do this in Guardsman Blue to match the stripe and badge in the front grille...has anyone done this? If so, can you post a pic? Also, did you find the Guardsman Blue inlay online or did you have it custom made?

Thanks all!

-Chris
Sponsored

pilotgore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch
OK guys - tried searching both first but not finding what I'm lookin for...so here goes! Two quick cosmetic questions for anyone with a Heritage Edition 350...

1. Since the HEP has the 350 badging in vinyl on the side, I can't help but feel like the metal GT350 badge is redundant, and is starting to look a little silly to me given they are legitimately on top of each other. Feels like it would look cleaner with the metal badge removed (but only on the HEP...I think it looks good otherwise!). Anyone do this, and if so, can you post a pic? For the purists, don't worry...if I do this, I will purchase two new OEM badges to have in storage, if needed in the future :)

2. I am generally not a fan of vinyl inlays in the SHELBY logo on the front lip / chin spoiler, but I can't help but feel like it would look cool to do this in Guardsman Blue to match the stripe and badge in the front grille...has anyone done this? If so, can you post a pic? Also, did you find the Guardsman Blue inlay online or did you have it custom made?

Thanks all!

-Chris
1, I’m about 90% sure the metal gt350 badge on the fender has locator pins that insert into the fender, so if you remove it you’ll have holes in the fender.

2, I bet @BigWormGraphix might be able to help you out.

BigWormGraphix

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bigwormgraphix.com
First Name
Team BigWorm
Vehicle(s)
>=2005 muscle cars - camaro, mustang, challengers
Hello,
Thank you so much for the shout out! Unfortunately this round we are only so much help. Mostly because we are aftermarket, so we do not have an exact color match to the Guardsman blue. We are very happy to send samples of our blues however for you to compare. We do make the inlays and I'd like to say over the years we have perfected them for a nice fit.

Let us know if we can help!

thanks!

OP
OP

NPTR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT350R HEP
Hello,
Thank you so much for the shout out! Unfortunately this round we are only so much help. Mostly because we are aftermarket, so we do not have an exact color match to the Guardsman blue. We are very happy to send samples of our blues however for you to compare. We do make the inlays and I'd like to say over the years we have perfected them for a nice fit.

Let us know if we can help!

thanks!

Thank you! If I was able to source OEM Vinyl, for a section of stripe for example, and then sent that to you, could you cut it out for me?

OP
OP

NPTR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT350R HEP
1, I’m about 90% sure the metal gt350 badge on the fender has locator pins that insert into the fender, so if you remove it you’ll have holes in the fender.

2, I bet @BigWormGraphix might be able to help you out.

Interesting on the pins, didn't know...mine looks like it was put in crooked from the factory (thanks UAW!), and assume if it had pins it would be spot-on...but I will look into that...thank you.

Sponsored

BigWormGraphix

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bigwormgraphix.com
First Name
Team BigWorm
Vehicle(s)
Yes! We have done that for folks in the past for a few different projects. You are welcome to send us vinyl and we would charge you just for the cut and shipping to send it back. No problem!
Thanks!
-Steph Team BWG

pilotgore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch
OP
OP

NPTR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT350R HEP
Yes! We have done that for folks in the past for a few different projects. You are welcome to send us vinyl and we would charge you just for the cut and shipping to send it back. No problem!
Thanks!
-Steph Team BWG
OK, awesome, thank you! Can you please let me know the dimensions of the sheet you would need to do this? I will probably ask to have TWO made, in case I mess up...but if you give me the dimensions you need for one, I will try to source the vinyl...thank you!

OP
OP

NPTR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT350R HEP
Check out this ebay link of an oem wrecked fender. You can see the pins coming through on the pics of the backside.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/3151723065...YKZZvtjRqS&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY
Interesting...thanks for sharing this...shocked how mine is a little crooked then (ableit slightly), the car has PPF so maybe the PPF guys cracked the pins during re-install of the badges, hence it being slightly off...thanks for posting this, will do some research but looks like you are right!

pilotgore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch
Interesting...thanks for sharing this...shocked how mine is a little crooked then (ableit slightly), the car has PPF so maybe the PPF guys cracked the pins during re-install of the badges, hence it being slightly off...thanks for posting this, will do some research but looks like you are right!
Does your PPF go under the emblem? If so, you’re probably correct. My PPF had a rectangular cutout around the emblem.

Sponsored

BigWormGraphix

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bigwormgraphix.com
First Name
Team BigWorm
Vehicle(s)
OK, awesome, thank you! Can you please let me know the dimensions of the sheet you would need to do this? I will probably ask to have TWO made, in case I mess up...but if you give me the dimensions you need for one, I will try to source the vinyl...thank you!
We would recommend at least a 12x12 piece for 2. If you wanted to send more we could always make as many as you send vinyl for, or send more and we can send what's left back to you. Just machines can be finnicky just in case.

OP
OP

NPTR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT350R HEP
We would recommend at least a 12x12 piece for 2. If you wanted to send more we could always make as many as you send vinyl for, or send more and we can send what's left back to you. Just machines can be finnicky just in case.
Awesome, thank you...on it!

And yes my PPF goes under the emblem, so assuming the tabs cracked...will leave them be for now though as it's not worth the risk to the PPF if there are holes under there...thanks for the advice.

Will track down some vinyl!

matthewr87

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
Your GT350 badging being "crooked" on the fenders is part of the design. They are supposed to slope slightly so that they are level with the ground. Look up photos online of the badging on other cars and compare to yours.

OP
OP

NPTR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT350R HEP
Your GT350 badging being "crooked" on the fenders is part of the design. They are supposed to slope slightly so that they are level with the ground. Look up photos online of the badging on other cars and compare to yours.
Legit just threw a level on it...and it's exactly level with the floor...odd visual effect given it deviating from the body line of the car, but you are 100% correct...I take back my shot at UAW haha...thank you for making her bang on to the EARTH guys!

Kabayo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mustang GT

Thanks all!

-Chris
Just be sure there are no alignment holes under the badges
Sponsored