Sponsored

Twin Turbo GT350 1143HP!!

AirBusPilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Ben, can you list the difference between the 800R and 1000R?

I’m interested in the 800R, but would like to run ethanol occasionally for a power bump. It appears the 800R won’t allow that?

OP
OP
ben@fatfab

ben@fatfab

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang GT Turbo
Ben, can you list the difference between the 800R and 1000R?

I’m interested in the 800R, but would like to run ethanol occasionally for a power bump. It appears the 800R won’t allow that?
The 800R package includes ford racing injectors, stock fuel system, and we dont recommend running E85 on that setup. The 800R is setup for Wastegate boost as well so you would need to add a boost controller to the system to raise boost for E85.

The 1000R package adds these parts.

ID1050X Injectors
Return Style Fuel System from Fore Innovations
Electronic Boost Controller with multiple power level settings
Full Custom SS Exhaust (800r requires you have your own catback or we can mate to stock exhaust after the resonator)
Twin Disc Clutch
Full Flex Fuel Tuning for both Pumpgas 93 and E85

OP
OP
ben@fatfab

ben@fatfab

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang GT Turbo
Yes we are on stock valve springs with this package. We are starting to experience some float at this power level and do recommend upgrading them.

Sponsored

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
We have not had any failures. I have heard of some supercharged cars snapping the crank due to belt tension/vibration but have no direct experience with that. Keeping this engine happy at big power has a lot to do with the tuning of the car. I think early on a lot of people struggled with tuning and that contributed to a good amount of failures.

[MENTION=19663]ben@fatfab[/MENTION]

I definitely believe it with superchargers for the fact that I would think that would be an inherent issue with ANY 180 crank, especially with centri blowers that change out the dampener. I like centri's but they make me nervous. Those belts just beat the fvck out of journals and bearings at high RPM. It's just physics, that's how it's gonna be.

Tracking cars is very very hard on them as well and a lot of stuff is going to break in that scenario. We have a few customers hitting the track this year so we will find out soon what kind of reliability it has on track at 800+ HP
I wonder if having 4 - 1 short exhaust headers like you guys did with the turbos would help this as well due to less harmonic turbulence going out. I wish I were closer to you guys because if someone were to offer a set of 4 - 1 short headers with close to equal length I'd be all friggin' over that.

MadCow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
We have not had any failures. I have heard of some supercharged cars snapping the crank due to belt tension/vibration but have no direct experience with that. Keeping this engine happy at big power has a lot to do with the tuning of the car. I think early on a lot of people struggled with tuning and that contributed to a good amount of failures.
Just curious, but where did you hear about these failures. I only ask cause cause I can probably count on both hands all the boosted GT350s I have heard since the car came out. Doesn't even seem like there were enough to have had several failures.

OP
OP
ben@fatfab

ben@fatfab

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang GT Turbo
Just curious, but where did you hear about these failures. I only ask cause cause I can probably count on both hands all the boosted GT350s I have heard since the car came out. Doesn't even seem like there were enough to have had several failures.
I honestly dont recall I just remember either reading about it online or hearing through other industry people I speak to about it. Like I said I have no direct experience with them breaking so take that for what its worth.

RaceRed5.0

Threads
Reaction score
From Texas to Louisana to California back to Texas
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT 3.55, Modded 2006 Pontiac G6
That thing looks glorious well done!

Sponsored

snaproll

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
350R/88LX/FR500S
Not a big power adder guy but have to admit to laughing out loud at how fast that beast spun those rollers! :cheers:

Shawnski

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Whatever I need
Inspirational

That is an amazing looking and performing car! The power curve is beautifully progressive. Ford would be wise to use the FPC as the basis for the blown GT500.

Victor-Delta 4-2

Mexican Food Mercenary
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.adp-photo works.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Beautiful build! These things are monsters when tuned correctly. I haven’t seen anyone else hit more than your previous 1056 in Tony’s car, so it seems you hold the stock bottom end record. Still looking for someone making more than 800tq though. ;)

OP
OP
ben@fatfab

ben@fatfab

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang GT Turbo
Beautiful build! These things are monsters when tuned correctly. I haven’t seen anyone else hit more than your previous 1056 in Tony’s car, so it seems you hold the stock bottom end record. Still looking for someone making more than 800tq though. ;)
Thank you!

Have you seen any built Voodoo's put down more?

I would love to lean on a built engine and make some tq. Hopefully we will get that opportunity this year!

Victor-Delta 4-2

Mexican Food Mercenary
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.adp-photo works.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Thank you!

Have you seen any built Voodoo's put down more?

I would love to lean on a built engine and make some tq. Hopefully we will get that opportunity this year!
My block is still stock, makes 820tq. Wasn’t trying to break records or anything, that’s just where we ended up after tuning on E85. Was actually hoping to find others making more so I don’t have to be so nervous every time I put my foot down.
Sponsored