Tustin Ford did........ Nothing

S5fiddy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Squirtle
Vehicle(s)
16' Mustang Ecoboost *Magnetic* Prem.
About 2-3 weeks ago I dropped off my 2016 mustang eco, I used my device prior and found that it had a cylinder 2 misfire. After about a week Ford called and stated "We need the factory airbox, your aftermarket CAI is not fitting into the turbo. Which may be causing the RPM stutter". Puzzled and confused. I decided to go take a look myself. Ford didn't even try to fit it on the turbo. I ended up going into the back, finding my Stang, and fitting it on myself.

Later in the week, Ford called and said that again, they couldn't get the codes, because of the CAI. After having a rental for over 2 weeks. I decided to take the car back.

(Keep in mind, I got my spark plugs changed a month an a half prior to this misfire)

My buddy and I decided to do our own investigation. We pulled the "NEW" spark plugs that Ford had put in. They were pretty filthy black, and just above the threads, yellow stains were showing, as if they weren't even changed. I find it extremely hard to believe that these "new" spark plugs would already have this much wear to them.

Bought some new spark plugs, and swapped them. BOOM... car started up with ease. I'm letting it sit for a day just to really let everything settle in.

But the fact that Ford blamed my CAI, and continued to blame it for not being able to diagnose it. Is insane to me. Whenever Ford comes across a misfire in these Direct injected engines. They want nothing to do with it.

I'm taking back the "new" spark plugs Ford installed. I'm going to walk up an ask them "how many miles would you say these went thru". Because to me, it looks like Ford never even replaced them.

I plan on getting a walnut blasting soon. The amount of build up in my valves is obviously contributing to the rough idle/start up. But those new spark plugs I installed, helped A TON! its Just HARD finding a shop in my area that does walnut blasting. :shrug:

Anyone in Southern CA near Irvine, know of a place. Let me know please!
Sponsored

Last edited:

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
You're lucky that's all they did. If they checked your OBDII and found that you had a tune counter, you're be even more screwed. I kinda have a hard time blaming them for that one even if the CAI "didn't fit."

vernonator

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT w/PP - Race Red
About 2-3 weeks ago I dropped off my 2016 mustang eco, I used my device prior and found that it had a cylinder 2 misfire. After about a week Ford called and stated "We need the factory airbox, your aftermarket CAI is not fitting into the turbo. Which may be causing the RPM stutter". Puzzled and confused. I decided to go take a look myself. Ford didn't even try to fit it on the turbo. I ended up going into the back, finding my Stang, and fitting it on myself.

Later in the week, Ford called and said that again, they couldn't get the codes, because of the CAI. After having a rental for over 2 weeks. I decided to take the car back.

(Keep in mind, I got my spark plugs changed a month an a half prior to this misfire)

My buddy and I decided to do our own investigation. We pulled the "NEW" spark plugs that Ford had put in. They were pretty filthy black, and just above the threads, yellow stains were showing, as if they weren't even changed. I find it extremely hard to believe that these "new" spark plugs would already have this much wear to them.

Bought some new spark plugs, and swapped them. BOOM... car started up with ease. I'm letting it sit for a day just to really let everything settle in.

But the fact that Ford blamed my CAI, and continued to blame it for not being able to diagnose it. Is insane to me. Whenever Ford comes across a misfire in these Direct injected engines. They want nothing to do with it.

I'm taking back the "new" spark plugs Ford installed. I'm going to walk up an ask them "how many miles would you say these went thru". Because to me, it looks like Ford never even replaced them.

I plan on getting a walnut blasting soon. The amount of build up in my calves is obviously contributing to the rough idle/start up. But those new spark plugs I installed, helped A TON! its Just HARD finding a shop in my area that does walnut blasting. :shrug:

Anyone in Southern CA near Irvine, know of a place. Let me know please!
While your experience sucked you need to stop saying "Ford" and saying "this particular Ford Dealer" ...big difference as dealers are independent entities and it was NOT Ford Corp that did a crappy job. Find a good dealer and you will be happy, and call out the bad ones on social media/review sites they react to that....

OP
OP
S5fiddy

S5fiddy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Squirtle
Vehicle(s)
You're lucky that's all they did. If they checked your OBDII and found that you had a tune counter, you're be even more screwed. I kinda have a hard time blaming them for that one even if the CAI "didn't fit."

Ehhh not necessarily blaming them for that. I'm just concerned that they never even swapped my spark plugs.

Also the fact that they had me wait 2 weeks before they decided to call and say they couldn't diagnose it. My car was on the lift the day I dropped it off. Just a waste of time.

Zodiac

Sarcasm Personified
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Charger R/T Scat Pack
I don't recommend walnut blasting your calves. Not only can it hurt your legs, but it may even hurt baby cows.

Sponsored

OP
OP
S5fiddy

S5fiddy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Squirtle
Vehicle(s)
While your experience sucked you need to stop saying "Ford" and saying "this particular Ford Dealer" ...big difference as dealers are independent entities and it was NOT Ford Corp that did a crappy job. Find a good dealer and you will be happy, and call out the bad ones on social media/review sites they react to that....
Tustin Ford

lol

I see what you mean though. Very true!

Joemomma22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Magnetic GT PP
I plan on getting a walnut blasting soon. The amount of build up in my calves is obviously contributing to the rough idle/start up. But those new spark plugs I installed, helped A TON! its Just HARD finding a shop in my area that does walnut blasting. :shrug:
Really gotta watch the build up in the calves. Not sure how walnut blasting would help though::lol::lol:

muscular-calves.jpg

jasonstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GB GT/CS 6MT
Ehhh not necessarily blaming them for that. I'm just concerned that they never even swapped my spark plugs.

Also the fact that they had me wait 2 weeks before they decided to call and say they couldn't diagnose it. My car was on the lift the day I dropped it off. Just a waste of time.
If everything is stock they shouldn't need to swap plugs. Tuned cars has all sorts of reason that they can refuse to warrant any issues.

Sponsored

matteos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
This is why I'm waiting for the warranty to run out before doing any mods to the car..

Reactions: A7X
OP
OP
S5fiddy

S5fiddy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Squirtle
Vehicle(s)
Why were the spark plugs changed and was this particular dealer the one who supposedly installed them?
They were changed because I was at 70k miles. Needed new ones regardless. I commute a lot. Business has me driving a shit ton haha

tsunami

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Premium EcoBoost Convertible
Totally agree...

I had a new Chrysler Corp car that had something wrong with the front suspension...it was in the shop five times over a 2 month period. The shop manager literally threw the car keys at me and said they had more than used up any warranty time.
I then took it to another Chrysler shop...they put up on the lift and fixed the problem in less than 15 minutes!

AR306

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shadow Black Ecoboost Base Auto w/ 19's
It's a crap shoot with dealers.. I wasn't happy with my dealer the first couple times I got my car serviced. Took 4+ hours to get a oil change and they didn't even put air in my tires after rotating them. On top of that I make appointments with them every time I visit, I still had to wait 30+ minutes for them just to attend to me then give them my info, what needed to be done etc.. when I had already done that when setting up my appointment.

I kept trying different service advisors until I finally found a guy who was good and most importantly honest. Huge difference.. He gets the oil change done in 30-40 minutes, has my car cleaned, tires rotated etc.. and does the multi point inspection on brakes, fluids etc etc.. he even topped off my window washer fluid and handed me a health report on the car.. the first 2 guys didn't do any of that and even tried to charge me for their services until I showed them my service contract I had purchased already. This guy I have now didn't even have to ask my name, I showed up at my appointment time, he was there waiting for me when I pulled up to the service department, took me in right away, gave me a ticket for the keys, tagged the car, put plastic covers on my seats and steering wheel and had the car taken immediately for service. The other 2 guys would leave my car parked in the customer parking lot with the windows down.. one time it was raining partially, I honestly was pissed.

Now I'm confident having my same dealer do any sort of warranty work whereas before I was ready to go to another dealer, all because of 1 guy... he's not even the mechanic, he's just a service advisor.. but he actually looks out for the customers and takes care of their cars, he even checks in on the car while they're being worked on making sure things are getting done.

BlackS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 black s550 PP
all the dealers in this immediate area are ~30 day wait just to get any sort of appointment... its ridiculous
Sponsored