Sponsored

Turning Chrome Emblems into Black Chrome

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Triple Yellow GT
I've recently been considering blacking out my 50 year appearance mustang, but if I did I would want to do something about the chrome grill and tail light bezels. Does any one know of a way where I could create an effect that looked like black chrome on these emblems?
I dont want to do a flat or gloss black, I would like something with a little more depth. Would like it just to look like the black chrome tail pipes.

Thanks,
Sponsored

mumbles

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT Prem OW
I've recently been considering blacking out my 50 year appearance mustang, but if I did I would want to do something about the chrome grill and tail light bezels. Does any one know of a way where I could create an effect that looked like black chrome on these emblems?
I dont want to do a flat or gloss black, I would like something with a little more depth. Would like it just to look like the black chrome tail pipes.

Thanks,
In the past, I've used translucent black paint that I picked up from a hobby store. You might also look into the headlight tint spray paint from auto parts stores.

OP
OP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Triple Yellow GT
Brostang,
I looked into this, but it seemed to be more of a glossy black.

Also, I dont know if I can support a company who makes a promotional video on with this much zooming. (and they dont even show the finished product at the end)
[ame="[MEDIA=youtube]6ziO0ZytLuE[/MEDIA]"]

OP
OP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Triple Yellow GT
Mumbles,
Do you have any photos you could share of how this turned out?
Sponsored