Sponsored

Turn signals on the Mirrors???

MyMustangVault

Ghost Rhider
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 LE WW #381
Has anyone considered figuring out a way to make the projection Pony(s) [from the side mirrors] to either stay on with the daytime running lights OR to flash along with the blinkers (that are already on the side mirrors) !?
Sponsored

shelbygt53

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
Short answer yes! I have. The harness does plug straight in. However the extra wire for the the turn signal and communication network isn’t there so has to be added.

Well, so you don't feel Sooooo bad.....

I'll ask if anyone has tried adding these 'Premium package' mirrors to their base Mustangs. I have not seen these mirror blinkers in action on a 2015 Mustang, but I like them in general. I'd guess they would just plug into the base's wiring harness. The hardest part would be swallowing the pill of the cost to buy them from Ford! :eyebulge:

Even if an aftermarket company came out with some, they would likely be pricey also.

-OR- (Dreaming here), might the blinker part of the mirror be just a snap in piece that could be added to a base's mirror (and only cost q HALF of an arm or leg :lol:)?

See David, your post created a desire I had no idea I even had yet (damned you! :headbonk:)

BrettT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt, 2006 Jetta 2.0T, 2013 Escape SEL
Well I was behind him at a light and could see his. I can't see mine blinking when I'm sitting in the car. Never the less, I wish I would have looked at the damn mirrors before posting this. [emoji1]

David

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes unfortunately you cannot see then from inside the car. My '06 Jetta has them and the lens runs right to the edge of the mirror housing, so you can see them flash from inside the car. I do like that. When you look out your side window in the turn, you get confirmation that they are on......

shelbygt53

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
Can someone please help me. My car had base mirrors. I bought premium mirrors with the turn signal and puddle light. I swapped them and the power to the mirror works but the turn light and puddle light down turn on. Does anyone know the wiring I have to add? please help
Sponsored