Turn signals on the Mirrors???

loonysup

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
Ecoboost Premium ingot silver w/ saddle leather
I was behind another EB this evening and I noticed he had turn signal indicators on his side mirrors. Anyone know if this Is this part of the Adaptive Cruise Control package? Just curious as I hadn't seen this before.

David

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sponsored

ktp1598

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bobby
Vehicle(s)
2019 Kona Blue California Special
It's the integrated turn signals in the premium packages.

OP
OP
loonysup

loonysup

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
Ok I'm an idiot. I have the premium package and just looked at my mirrors and what do you know. I tried deleting the original post so I wouldn't have to save face but oh well.

David

clevernickname

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic Mustang GT, 2016 camaro ss (gfs), 2015 range rover sport, 2013 ford explorer, 2017 WRX
lol and I thought I made bad topics :p

jkjk

Fox5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP magnetic
Ok I'm an idiot. I have the premium package and just looked at my mirrors and what do you know. I tried deleting the original post so I wouldn't have to save face but oh well.

David

You didn't notice your own?:lol:

Sponsored

Dirtleg

BoostCreep
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
15' EB Prem PP, 07' GT (track Car), 01' RC51, 16" S1000XR

David

No worries. I made a thread about the gill lights not turning off when I had accidentally turned on the ignition (no start due to manual) and was confused as to why the lights stayed on. It happens.:cheers:

davekro

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Convertible, 3.7L, A/T, 051A, DIB
Well, so you don't feel Sooooo bad.....

David
I'll ask if anyone has tried adding these 'Premium package' mirrors to their base Mustangs. I have not seen these mirror blinkers in action on a 2015 Mustang, but I like them in general. I'd guess they would just plug into the base's wiring harness. The hardest part would be swallowing the pill of the cost to buy them from Ford! :eyebulge:

Even if an aftermarket company came out with some, they would likely be pricey also.

-OR- (Dreaming here), might the blinker part of the mirror be just a snap in piece that could be added to a base's mirror (and only cost q HALF of an arm or leg :lol:)?

See David, your post created a desire I had no idea I even had yet (damned you! :headbonk:)

Degen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ruby Red GT
"Hey that guy has turn signals on his mirros." hits turn signal. "Hey I have turn signals on my mirros! "

OP
OP
loonysup

loonysup

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
Well I was behind him at a light and could see his. I can't see mine blinking when I'm sitting in the car. Never the less, I wish I would have looked at the damn mirrors before posting this. [emoji1]

David

ktp1598

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bobby
Vehicle(s)
2019 Kona Blue California Special
I would love to know if any of the premium features can be added later to a base model. Guess it all depends on if the harness is already there. Might have to check out the local salvage yards in the spring and look for wires.

Sponsored

davekro

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Convertible, 3.7L, A/T, 051A, DIB
Well I was behind him at a light and could see his. I can't see mine blinking when I'm sitting in the car. Never the less, I wish I would have looked at the damn mirrors before posting this. [emoji1]

David

Can you take a close up look at your mirror to see if it 'looks like' the signal might be part of the cover? Hard to say, I know, but thought I'd ask.

I know this 'adding blinkers to mirror' mod on the 2012+ Prius, the cover can be bought w/o buying the entire mirror. Actually, I think it was even an aftermarket mod, IIRC. How a wire for the blinker would have been there if it was not a factory option, I don't know.

klumpikat

Chick driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 'Stang GT Premium
Can you take a close up look at your mirror to see if it 'looks like' the signal might be part of the cover? Hard to say, I know, but thought I'd ask.

I know this 'adding blinkers to mirror' mod on the 2012+ Prius, the cover can be bought w/o buying the entire mirror. Actually, I think it was even an aftermarket mod, IIRC. How a wire for the blinker would have been there if it was not a factory option, I don't know.
Hi Dave,
Does this help?:D
image.jpg

NCFlyer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350 HE
It's the integrated turn signals in the premium packages.
Is that on GT Premiums only? I have a EB Premium and I don't have any indications of the mirrors except heat.

NCFlyer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350 HE
My EB Premium has them.
Well there's another item on the list of fails for my dealer to fix Found this on my window sticker: Mirrors-man fold dual pwr heated with turn signals. (It pays to read these forums!)

Also going back to the dealer with auto temperature control issues. It constantly hunts for the set temp, e.g. set the temp to 72 in auto and I get a blast of cold air then heat them back to cold. The fan never slows and can't maintain anything close to the set temp. It's either full cold or full heat...a wee bit frustrating when it's 15 degrees outside.

OP
OP
loonysup

loonysup

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
Well there's another item on the list of fails for my dealer to fix Found this on my window sticker: Mirrors-man fold dual pwr heated with turn signals. (It pays to read these forums!)

Also going back to the dealer with auto temperature control issues. It constantly hunts for the set temp, e.g. set the temp to 72 in auto and I get a blast of cold air then heat them back to cold. The fan never slows and can't maintain anything close to the set temp. It's either full cold or full heat...a wee bit frustrating when it's 15 degrees outside.

You have an EB Premium and they put the wrong mirrors on it?

David

Sponsored