Sponsored

Turbo?

Five0GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT premium
Anyone know anything about turbos? I have a 2015 GT. My friend told me any turbo can fit on pretty much any car if you make it fit. I don’t know much about them. Can the EcoBoost turbo be usednon a GT? And would it be worth it?
Sponsored

99Zeus99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Performance Pack Whipple Stage 1 Manual
Anyone know anything about turbos? I have a 2015 GT. My friend told me any turbo can fit on pretty much any car if you make it fit. I don’t know much about them. Can the EcoBoost turbo be usednon a GT? And would it be worth it?
Unless your fabbing the plumbing yourself and tuning it, your better off going with a kit that's set up for the GT. Yes, you could use an Ecoboost turbo, hell you could use one from a diesel or a Subaru too. It's all about the volume, setup and boost that you engine can safely use before blowing head gaskets or the bottom end out of the engine.

99Zeus99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Performance Pack Whipple Stage 1 Manual
Turbonetics, for example, has a matrix of its popular turbo categorized by engine size and horsepower based on years of trial and error. The entire grid is too large to print here but you can access the knowledge with a simple email or call to the tech line. Just be sure to know all the details about your car and your plans for its use.

https://www.hotrod.com/articles/ccrp-0907-turbocharged-engine-guide/

Jay-rod427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT C/S
Is your friend big in the Honda scene?... Yes you can make any turbo physically fit, but it needs to be sized proper to the engine. Ecoboost turbos are too small and will run out of steam/overheat. They would however spool nearly instant on the 5.0. On the other hand a giant diesel turbo would take forever to spool and make small boost as it's too big.

ahl395

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 2006 Infiniti G35X
Best to go with one of the pre-made kits for our cars.

To name a few...

Hellion
LPF
Armageddon
JPC Racing

Sponsored

MyLilPony

Naw It's Stock
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kris
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black GT, 18 JLUR, 15 JK
For sure! Since an eco boost is 4 cyl, buy 2 eco boost turbo kits and bolt it up to your v8! Then you have twins turbos and all the boost!!! Since it's all American made you can run 91 too since American cars are built to run on crap gas!!

Rjames18

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
RJ
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10 Orange Fury
Just look at the pre-made kits. Unless you know how to fabricate i would suggest against it.

I just purchased a LPF twin kit for my 2018 3 weeks ago.

Phoenix

Instagram: PhoenixNFA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Tech AvGrey/Black Stripes
For sure! Since an eco boost is 4 cyl, buy 2 eco boost turbo kits and bolt it up to your v8! Then you have twins turbos and all the boost!!! Since it's all American made you can run 91 too since American cars are built to run on crap gas!!
:facepalm:

MyLilPony

Naw It's Stock
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kris
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black GT, 18 JLUR, 15 JK
You need to change the info under your name...that auto 3.15 went a longgg time ago mr. I rock a GT350 now ;)
Sponsored