Sponsored

Turbo Porting/Upgrade Service

USMCtoARMY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6 MT
Well I thought i would drop in on my ecoBOOST brothas and ask this question:

Anyone know of a good turbo/speed/one man operation shop that offers turbo upgrade services at a good price? Specifically where they take the factory turbos, port them out (yes the compressor wheel housing too), install larger upgraded wheels and parts, and the end result is a set of turbos that look factory externally but with dramatically improved performance.

I have found some places online, but still looking. I always find a good local source to be best with quality and price. I am building my own turbo build for my 3.7L and one of first things i intend to tackle is this righ here.
Sponsored

Hellman109

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Ecoboost Convertible (See my garage)
Vehicle Showcase
Compare it to the Turbonetics NX2 and a couple of hours of labour to drop it in, because thats what lots of people including myself do, because its a great upgrade.

OP
OP
USMCtoARMY

USMCtoARMY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6 MT
Compare it to the Turbonetics NX2 and a couple of hours of labour to drop it in, because thats what lots of people including myself do, because its a great upgrade.
You misunderstand bro. Not an actual new turbo but turbo services on your existing unit where they do porting. I have two K series ecoboost turbos I'm looking to port.

OP
OP
USMCtoARMY

USMCtoARMY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6 MT

Sponsored

OP
OP
USMCtoARMY

USMCtoARMY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6 MT
OP
OP
USMCtoARMY

USMCtoARMY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6 MT
That is one of the main things they do.
Yes they do, but it looks like its very specific turbos and mainly focused on rebuilds or cosmetic (powder coat etc). I did send an inquiry out to them so we will see. Appreciate your assistance.

Sponsored
OP
OP
USMCtoARMY

USMCtoARMY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6 MT
OP
OP
USMCtoARMY

USMCtoARMY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6 MT

w3rkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bmw 135is(sold)
Well, of coarse you understand that Full Race will give you an actual racing application, so...

And out of simple curiosity, why did you pick up that specific turbo, over others?

OP
OP
USMCtoARMY

USMCtoARMY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6 MT
This is a custom twin turbo kit i am putting together myself based off the 3.5L ecoboost kit turbos. I am adapting it to my 3.7L V6. A few of us over in the V6 section are working on this conversion in one form or another. Its a good budget build but you must be knowledgeable and handy cause a good amount of the work can be custom fabrication. However, since i have first posted this I think I am selling what I have assembled since i have been extended on my tour in Germany.
Sponsored