Sponsored

Tuning - SCT write over HP Tuners

Kryckter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
I know there is a few instances where you need Ford to reset the PCM to stock so I am making sure this is not one of those instances.

If you have a HP Tuners tune, can someone write a SCT tune and using the X4 apply the SCT tune over the HP Tuners tune?

Thanks in advance!
Sponsored

Grimace427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang 5.0
Another good question to ask is when tuning with an HPTuners does it need to be returned to stock for the device to be unmarried? The SCT does and if you overwrite an SCT tune with something else the device itself becomes worthless unless you want to send it back to SCT and pay $150 to have it unlocked.

Process

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Porsche 911 Turbo S & 2016 Shelby GT350R
HPTuners isnt something that marries to the car. It uses license credits. Can be used on many vehicle.s

OP
OP
Kryckter

Kryckter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
HPTuners isnt something that marries to the car. It uses license credits. Can be used on many vehicle.s
Which makes me believe that you can write over a HP Tuners file with a SCT Device. I hope I get an answer soon, but I will be attempting this tonight...

Process

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Porsche 911 Turbo S & 2016 Shelby GT350R
Which makes me believe that you can write over a HP Tuners file with a SCT Device. I hope I get an answer soon, but I will be attempting this tonight...
Shouldnt be a problem at all.

Sponsored

Tcstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT premium- Ordered
Why not return it to stock then use the SCT tuner? I'm asking because I don't know not trying to be a wise guy.

350sexZ

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ernest
Vehicle(s)
2015 50yr ww 6spd -2014 explorer sport
Is the Ford dealer resetting/ recalibrate the ecu the same as returning it to stock tune? Because I took in for service, for a couple of p codes and put the stock tune on, but they told me they need to recalibrate it and they would charge for that.

BLKONBLK2015

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
Yes, the SCT tune can overwrite the HP Tuners tune.

The SCT device will actually backup the HP Tune as the "stock tune" if you don't return the car to stock first from the HP Tune. (saving the HP Tuners tune as "stock" then loading the SCT tune). To return to the HP Tuners tune, all you would have to do it "return it to stock".

There is a few instances where this doesn't work as described....but usually works fine.

OP
OP
Kryckter

Kryckter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
Yes, the SCT tune can overwrite the HP Tuners tune.

The SCT device will actually backup the HP Tune as the "stock tune" if you don't return the car to stock first from the HP Tune. (saving the HP Tuners tune as "stock" then loading the SCT tune). To return to the HP Tuners tune, all you would have to do it "return it to stock".

There is a few instances where this doesn't work as described....but usually works fine.

This guy knows what he's talking about:cheers:

I just went through the process and everything worked perfect. Thanks!!!
Sponsored