Tuning EU Ecoboost

espennor

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Espen
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost PP
Anybody tuned their Ecoboost? Pease let us know.

I emailed Adam at Tune+, he will offer a tune for the Euro cars i a month or two when the Cobb Accessport is said to offer support to the Euro Ecoboost.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Glenn G

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Glenn
Vehicle(s)
15 DIB 6MT base Ecoboost
Anybody tuned their Ecoboost? Pease tlet us know.

I emailed Adam at Tune+, he will offer a tune for the Euro cars i a month or two when the Cobb Accessport is said to offer support to the Euro Eboboost.
Eboboost! Sorry I know it was just a simple typo but I nearly blew coffee out of my nose at work:lol:
And Yes I have full MAP p1.5 with Adams tune.

OP
OP

espennor

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Espen
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost PP
Eboboost! Sorry I know it was just a simple typo but I nearly blew coffee out of my nose at work:lol:
And Yes I have full MAP p1.5 with Adams tune.
Import car?

Glenn G

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Glenn
Vehicle(s)
15 DIB 6MT base Ecoboost
Glenn, can you share us our your results?
The car is an absolute beast, Boost ramps up quickly and unless the road is perfectly dry and warm the back end will come out on the 1-2 and 2-3 shift.

Power now goes all the way to the redline but I still prefer to shift it at 5500-6000 to have the revs at 4 k where the torque is Monstrous.

You can tell Adam pulled timing and boost at low revs to keep you from destroying your engine which is perfect, but If you didn't know about LSPI you would think it felt slower when you go WOT in a High Gear. It will still knock if you try but not as bad as stock.

I am waiting for it to get warm so I can start working on my launch technique.

So far some of the cars that I have tested it on the autobahn against are
Audi S5- no contest
Just about everything that's a new non M BMW and the old V8 M3 and an even older M5.
Stock 2015 GT is close but I get away from them real quick.
Just about everything that's a non AMG Mercedes.

Porsche Cayman, Cayman S and a 911 (targa) and Cyanne

Stuff that has beaten me is the new M4 (power must be underrated as f**k from the factory!), Merc C63 AMG and a V8 Audi R8(just barely)
Best $2500 I ever spent!

Import car?
Yes US model but as soon as you have an Accessport you can put all the hard parts on (legally is another question)

Sponsored

Glenn G

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Glenn
Vehicle(s)
15 DIB 6MT base Ecoboost
So what do you need to do if you want the Cobb with the tune? Do still need someone like heinz to do chiptuning?
The Cobb stage 1 OTS is amazing compared to stock and will get you along fine. I bought mine from MAPerformance and got the custom tune free. If @Tune+ (Adam) starts selling them buy from him, you can datalog a few pulls and send them to him and he can tune you via email.

Sponsored

Glenn G

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Glenn
Vehicle(s)
15 DIB 6MT base Ecoboost
Without an upgraded intercooler, cai and a high flow exhaust you will not get optimal results I suppose.
For the Cobb Stage 1 you don't need anything but an intercooler will help you make more power longer and an intake will get you a few more HP. A cat back really does nothing without an upgraded downpipe but gives you better noise, and the tune is not designed for a downpipe.

No no, that's already on the plan.. but I mean you don't need your car on the dyno and stuff with cobb+ and tune+
No you don't, the Cobb stage 1 is safe for a completely stock car to the light mods above.

With a custom tune
1)the tuner will send you a conservative, safe tune based on other cars with similar mods,
2)You load the tune, and do a few pulls on the Street (somewhere safe) from 2500 RPM to redline in 3rd gear.
3)You send the tuner your datalogs and he adjust the tune more aggressively based on the data he sees just as if he were on the dyno.
4)He sends you the new tune and repeat #2 and if everything looks good you are done if not you repeat.

Since I used the Full MAP P1.5 kit Adam already had a great tune for it, I sent him my data logs and he didn't need to change a thing.

I am going to get his E30 tune this spring to try to go after those M4s:cool:

Ericc B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various Mustang GTs
Does this guy already have experience with the EU version of the Ecoboost? I seriously doubt the engine software is the same as in the US version.

Glenn G

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Glenn
Vehicle(s)
15 DIB 6MT base Ecoboost
Does this guy already have experience with the EU version of the Ecoboost? I seriously doubt the engine software is the same as in the US version.
Engine and transmission wise the cars are IDENTICAL. The programming for the Ecoboost is probably identical except some minor protocols to suit EOBD vs OBDII
ans some emissions controls as Europe is tougher on CO2 and US is tougher on NOx and HCs.

Only the GT suffers horsepower loss from EU calibration.
Sponsored