Tuning after Sync 3 Upgrade

Exhausted

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT PP1 A10
Last year I added the Sync 3 upgrade to my 300A car, the drive modes were enabled too (which I love). I am looking at getting a n-gauge from Lund or PBD. Will this mess up the drive modes since my car didn't come with them?
Will it make each mode more "intense"?
Sponsored

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Prem PP Magnetic
Different tuners treat modes differently. You can also make requests.

Example, in normal mode mine feels docile and relatively stock. Basically the way a non drive mode and non tuned car feels. Fine for letting car warm up but couldn't imagine having to drive around like that (not including boosted applications as that changes everything)
Sport plus is more aggressive, holds rpms, shifts higher and faster. Track and drag modes are absolute riots. Track super aggressive, down shifts hard, upshifts fast, most enjoyable mode outside of the strip. Drag mode goes hard at wot by design for straight line all out racing, super hard and fast shifts. Alot of trans tuning takes place in addition to just timing being added etc.

Definitely recommend considering tuning for e or flex. Lund, AED, PBD all solid choices.

OP
OP
Exhausted

Exhausted

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT PP1 A10
E85 is plentiful where I live so I am 100% going that route!
I would say the stock drive modes are like that already but you're saying they make it even more aggressive?

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Prem PP Magnetic
E85 is plentiful where I live so I am 100% going that route!
I would say the stock drive modes are like that already but you're saying they make it even more aggressive?
Right my description above were how the modes are after being tuned compared to the modes stock. Example, when I said Track super aggressive, down shifts hard, upshifts fast, I meant compared to stock track. More aggressive, down shifts harder, upshifts faster etc compared to track originally.
Sponsored