Tuners?

Coyote Chase

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
2010/2018 Mustang
Was the Ford Performance tune done at a local dealership? If so what was the cost?
mustangecoboost.net also has good advice!
When it comes to tuning, unless you need a data logger or are using ethanol, etc. You best value is just the base 93 octane tune from your local Ford Performance dealer. The service manager can give you information about cost. And he should also be able to tell you if your car is, or has been tuned, or if it is already modified, air intake, intercooler, downpipe, etc.
Sponsored

Coyote Chase

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
2010/2018 Mustang
Was the Ford Performance tune done at a local dealership? If so what was the cost?
When it comes to tuning, unless you need a data logger or are using ethanol, etc. You best value is just the base 93 octane tune from your local Ford Performance dealer. The service manager can give you information about cost. And he should also be able to tell you if your car is, or has been tuned, or if it is already modified, air intake, intercooler, downpipe, etc.

The Demon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 N5809, 2019 Mustang GT Premium PP1
Vehicle Showcase
You better check it out. He told you three times. :crackup:

Coyote Chase

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
2010/2018 Mustang

Coyote Chase

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
2010/2018 Mustang
You better check it out. He told you three times. :crackup:
LOL... Sorry guys! I'm visiting the mountains of WV and only have 1X of internet!!

Sponsored

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
I run the ford perf tune. I paid 500 for kit and 80 for install of tube at dealer.
I am very happy with it I feel it’s safe enough I’ve been tuned since 2000 miles, I’m at 34k now

OP
OP
BLUDICE

BLUDICE

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Ecoboost
WTH my local Ford dealership won’t have anything to do with adding any mods to my car - is this normal?

MattSin97

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matthew
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
WTH my local Ford dealership won’t have anything to do with adding any mods to my car - is this normal?
What kind of mods? They probably won't install intake/intercooler/exhaust. But they should install the Ford Performance tune. When I was considering the Ford Performance Tune I looked at like 6 dealerships before I could find one that would do it for me. Some said they didn't know what I was talking about. So it may take a few times before you find a dealership that will work for you.

OP
OP
BLUDICE

BLUDICE

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Ecoboost
What kind of mods? They probably won't install intake/intercooler/exhaust. But they should install the Ford Performance tune. When I was considering the Ford Performance Tune I looked at like 6 dealerships before I could find one that would do it for me. Some said they didn't know what I was talking about. So it may take a few times before you find a dealership that will work for you.
They said no mods what so ever.

Sponsored
OP
OP
BLUDICE

BLUDICE

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Ecoboost
Hey any of you guys heard of Thorton Chip Tuning -Ford Performance Chips?

Coyote Chase

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
2010/2018 Mustang
Per my local Ford dealer, All Ford dealers aren't "Authorized Ford Performance Dealers". The AFPDs will sell, install and warrant any and all products sold by Ford Performance.

Coyote Chase

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
2010/2018 Mustang
Hey any of you guys heard of Thorton Chip Tuning -Ford Performance Chips?
I have heard of Thorton Chip Tuning, but they aren't associated with Ford Performance or the Ford Motor Co.

Ebm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Guy
Vehicle(s)
'14 GT
No - regular- I’ll try premium - thanks.
I believe regular will get you around 275 horsepower 300 pound-feet of torque, but premium (93) will get you all 310 horsepower 320 pound-feet. 35 horses is a decent chunk.
Sponsored